|Genenal Manager of China Railway Corporation|
14 March 2013 – 9 October 2016
|Succeeded by||Lu Dongfu|
|Minister of Railways of the People's Republic of China|
25 February 2011 – 14 March 2013
|Preceded by||Liu Zhijun|
|Succeeded by||post abolished|
Sheng Guangzu (Chinese: 盛光祖; pinyin: Shèng Guāngzǔ; born 1949) was the last Chinese Minister of Railways before the position was abolished in March 2013, and the first Genenal Manager of China Railway Corporation. He was formerly the head of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China. He initially held several lower positions in the Ministry of Railways, and moved up the ranks starting in 2000. Sheng was also a member of the 17th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
While deputy governor of the Ministry of China Railway Communication, he supported the creation of China Netcom to compete with China Telecom. He became a board member of China Netcom and the Ministry of Railways was given a quarter interest in the company.
Sheng replaced his predecessor Liu Zhijun who was dismissed for corruption. During his tenure, the Wenzhou train collision occurred on July 23, 2011, killing 40, and injuring 192 (12 severely).
Sheng retired in October 2016. He was replaced by Lu Dongfu, as the first director of the National Railways Administration (NRA). In November 2016, he was appointed as Vice-Chairperson of the National People's Congress Financial and Economic Affairs Committee.
- "Leadership Resume". General Administration of Customs. 2008-04-01. Archived from the original on 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- Sheff, David. "Betting on Bandwidth". WIRED. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Wong, Edward (12 February 2011). "China's Railway Minister Loses Post in Corruption Inquiry". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- Sui-Lee Wee; Huang Yan; Miral Fahmy (25 February 2011). "China railways minister dismissed -Xinhua". The Los Angeles Times. Reuters. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "忆"七二三"动车事故：当时高铁中国梦达顶峰" (in Chinese). NetEase. 2013-07-24. Archived from the original on 2014-05-01. Retrieved 2014-12-30.
- 163.com (2016-09-10). "陆东福任中铁总总经理 盛光祖退休". money.163.com. Retrieved 2016-09-10.
- "盛光祖任全国人大财经委副主任委员". Xinhua. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
| Minister of the General Administration of Customs
| Minister of Railways
February 2011 – March 2013
|New title|| Genenal Manager of China Railway Corporation
March 2013 – October 2016