|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||2|
|Number of stations||48|
762,000 (2015 Daily Avg.) |
1,070,000 (Peak record set on Sept 11, 2016)
27 September 2010|
|System length||59.41 km (36.92 mi)|
Shenyang Metro is the metro system for the city of Shenyang, Liaoning province in China. This is the 7th operational subway system in Mainland China and the first in Northeast China. The system connects with a tram network south of the city.
The Shenyang Metro consists of Line 1 (east-west), opened on September 27, 2010 with 27.8 km (17.3 mi) and 22 stations, and Line 2 (north-south), opened on January 9, 2012 with 27.16 km (16.88 mi) and 22 stations.
The construction of Line 1 started on November 18, 2005. Trial service not open to the public started in September 2009, with the line fully operational in September 2010. Construction of a four-station extension east to East Mausoleum Park started in 2009. The total cost of Line 1 was 8.88 billion yuan (USD 1.1 billion).
The construction on Line 2 started on November 18, 2006, with 19 stations and 19.3 km (12.0 mi) and became operational on January 9, 2012.
A extension north of Shenyang Aerospace University to Putianlu opened on April 8th, 2018.
Shenyang was one of the first Chinese cities with a metro plan. The initial plan of building a metro system in Shenyang was proposed as early as 1940, during the Manchukuo era with an Osaka based company proposing a 52-kilometre (32 mi) metro network. However chaos caused by the Second Sino-Japanese War and Chinese Civil Wars meant the plan could not be implemented. After the wars, the metro program was revived again when the Chinese government decided that the four biggest cities at that time, Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, and Shenyang should build metro systems for transportation and military purposes. The subway was envisioned to also function as an air raid shelter in an event of war. Construction in of the metro started in 1965 but was stopped shortly after due to the turmoil from the Cultural Revolution with only the initial sections of the Beijing subway and Tianjin subway managing to be completed. Construction was restarted in 1974, on a line roughly following today's Line 1. In 1978 with government personnel from Harbin, Tianjin and Shanghai visiting to Shenyang to learn about the subway construction experience. In 1982, subway construction was halted due to lack of funds and resources. The approximately 3 km long underground tunnel was abandoned and filled with water. While the Shanghai subway system was put into service in 1995, the economic decline of Shenyang during the 1980s–1990s meant that there was no capital available for subway construction and the program was continually postponed. A light rail system was designed in the early 1990s as a cheaper alternative, however this plan was also abandoned after a national suspension of subway projects was declared due to worries of high cost and financial debt.
Shenyang's economy revived in 2000, and with it growing traffic congestion and pollution caused by the expanding urban population. This prompted the Chinese central government to approve the subway proposal on November 8, 2005. Construction of the first phase of Line 1 started on November 18, 2005 with the entire phase opening on September 23, 2009. The line had 12 stations and went from Shisanhao Jie to Tiexi Square station. A western extension of Line 1 to Liming Square opened in September 27, 2010. Line 2 opened a year later on December 30, 2011 and was further extended south on January 9, 2012.
- September 27, 2009, Shenyang-Tiecheng intercity railway starts construction.
- October 19, 2010: Line 1 eastern extension started construction.
Extensions of both ends of both lines are currently under construction along with an intercity metro line.
|Planned Open Date||Route & Name||Terminals||Length (km)||Stations||Status|
|2018||Stage 1||Nujianggongyuan||Jianzhudaxue||29.2||23||Under Construction|
|Northern Section||Dingxianggongyuan||Zhangshabu||27.21||21||Under Construction|
|2020||Stage 1||Wanghuajie||Hangtiannanlu||32||23||Under Construction|
Plans for two east-west lines, two north-south lines, a loop line, and two branches with a total length of 182.5 kilometres (113.4 mi) have been expanded to eleven lines. Currently there are 3 lines being planned in the near-term in preparation for construction. All 3 of them shall be complete by 2018. The original loop line is broken into 2 "L" shaped lines that intersect twice to form a loop. Line 4 will start construction in 2014.
|Line 4||Southwest to northeast line||Zhu Er Tun||New Shenyang South Station||32||23|
|Line 9||Southern and western portion of the loop||Tawan Street||Ximiaozi||36||29|
|Line 10||Northern and eastern portion of the loop||Dingxiang Lake Park||Sujiatun||50||32|
- "Shenyang tram network construction begins". Railway Gazette. Railway Gazette. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "北车投资48.6亿建设沈阳浑南新区有轨电车". www.zacliu.com. www.zacliu.com. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- "Shenyang metro Line 1 fully operational". Railway Gazette. October 1, 2010. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Shenyang metro opens second line". Railway Gazette. January 24, 2010. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "沈阳地铁二号线北延线新四站正式开通-辽宁频道-东北新闻网". liaoning.nen.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- Shenyang subway net Archived 2007-05-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- "沈阳地铁大事记（1940年-2010年）_沈阳公交网". 2012-01-05. Archived from the original on 2012-01-05. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- "沈阳地铁70年之痒_财经_凤凰网". finance.ifeng.com. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "沈阳地铁集团有限公司-新闻中心". www.symtc.com. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "国务院办公厅关于暂停审批城市地下快速轨道交通项目的通知_政府信息公开专栏". www.gov.cn. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. "People's Daily Online -- Subway construction plan for Shenyang ratified". en.people.cn. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- "沈阳地铁官网网站". 2014-08-14. Archived from the original on 2014-08-14. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- 王晓婷 (2011-12-30). "沈阳地铁二号线今日开通 市民可持试乘票免费乘车". 沈阳晚报. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "沈阳至铁岭城际铁路开工建设". 沈阳市交通局. 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "沈阳地铁一号线东延线昨开工建设". 时代商报. 2010-10-20. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- "沈阳地铁9、10号线力争在2018年年底载客试运营". 中国城市轨道交通协会. 中国城市轨道交通协会. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "沈阳：地铁在建线路进展顺利-辽宁频道-东北新闻网". liaoning.nen.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "沈阳地铁4号线一期工程"十一"前开工". 中国城市轨道交通协会. 中国城市轨道交通协会. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "沈阳地铁3号线6号线今年开建". 中国城市轨道交通协会. 中国城市轨道交通协会. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- "Shenyang Metro - Railway Technology". Railway Technology. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "沈阳城市轨道交通建设规划获得国家发改委正式批复". 辽宁日报. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "地铁四号线公布23个暂定站点". 辽沈晚报. 2012-06-28. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "沈阳地铁四、九、十号线获国务院批复 九、十号线11月开建". 辽沈晚报. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-29.