Shenzhen–Maoming High Speed Railway
||This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (November 2016)|
|Locale||People's Republic of China|
|Operator(s)||China Railway High-speed|
|Line length||387 km (240 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Operating speed||200 km/h (124 mph)|
Shenzhen-Maoming Railway is a high-speed railway under construction across southern Guangdong, China. Linking the cities of Shenzhen and Maoming, it will also allow for future high speed train travel between Hong Kong and Hainan Island.
Announced as part of the 12th Five Year Plan for 2011-2016, it was projected that construction of this railway would begin. Tenders were called for early in 2013 with construction to begin before the end of that year.
The railway is to follow a 387 km route from Shenzhen North Railway Station to Maoming East Railway Station. The existing Xinhui branch of the Guangzhou–Zhuhai Intercity Railway will be included as a central link, with 265 km of new trackage extending west to Maoming and then a new tunnel across the Pearl River Delta from Shenzhen south of the Humen Bridge.
Starting at Shenzhen North, the railway will travel through a tunnel to Airport North at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. It will then cross underneath the Pearl River before reaching Xiaolan, Guzhen, Waihai, Jiangmen South, Shuangshui, Taishan, Kaiping, Enping, Dahuai, Heshan, Yangjiang, Yangxi, Mata, Guanzhu,Dianbai and Maoming East.
Construction is in two phases, the Jiangmen-Maoming and Shenzhen-Jiangmen sections; phase one from Jiangmen to Maoming is expected to be completed in 2018.
- "Shenzhen-Maoming Railway announced in 12th 5 Year Plan". Shenzhen Daily. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Shenzhen-Maoming Railway tenders called for". Shenzhen Daily. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "There will be a new station in the Shenzhen-Maoming railway". Jiangmen Municipal Government. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Two new stations to be constructed along Shenzhen-Maoming railway". Shenzhen Standard. 18 July 2013. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Shenzhen-Maoming Trains to Integrate Western Guangdong into PRD Living Circle". hkmb.hktdc.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 19 June 2017.