Shenzhen Bay Control Point
Shenzhen Bay Control Point (Chinese: 深圳灣管制站) is a Hong Kong immigration control point on its border with mainland China. It is housed in the same building with its mainland Chinese counterpart, the Shenzhen Bay Port.
Located geographically in Dongjiaotou, Shekou on the southwestern corner of the city of Shenzhen in the Guangdong Province of mainland China, the Shenzhen Bay Control Point is the only border control point where co-location clearance is practised. The Hong Kong portion of the building and its adjacent open area, together with the northern third of the Western Corridor Bridge, are leased to Hong Kong and made within Hong Kong's jurisdiction for an initial period until 30 June 2047. As such, Hong Kong laws apply, instead of PRC laws.
The co-location of immigration and customs facilities with the mainland counterpart, the Shenzhen Bay Port, allows passengers and vehicles for departure and arrival clearance to take place within a short distance.
The control point is surrounded by mainland China and the closed area without being contiguously attached to another part of Hong Kong, except the bridge. Because it is a leased territory, it is legally part of Guangdong Province and thus not an exclave of Hong Kong. However, it is administered as a part of Hong Kong SAR and the Hong Kong Government exercises full jurisdiction within the area.
Like all other immigration control points located along the land border of Hong Kong, Shenzhen Bay Control Point lies within the Closed Area. Vehicles other than taxis require a Closed Road Permit from the Hong Kong Police Force to get in.
- NLB B2: Shenzhen Bay Port - Yuen Long Station
- NLB B2P: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tin Shui Wai Town Centre
- CTB B3: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tuen Mun Ferry Pier
- CTB B3A: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tuen Mun (Shan King Estate)
- CTB B3M: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tuen Mun Station
- CTB B3X: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tuen Mun Town Centre
- Jordan - Kowloon Station (Elements) - Shenzhen Bay Control Point - Shenzhen Bay Port - Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport
- Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade) - Sham Shui Po (Dragon Centre) - Kwai Fong (Metroplaza) - Shenzhen Bay Control Point - Shenzhen Bay Port - Overseas Chinese Town
- Kowloon Tong Station - Shenzhen Bay Control Point - Shenzhen Bay Port - Window of the World
- Hong Kong International Airport - Shenzhen Bay Control Point - Shenzhen Bay Port
- Aberdeen (Ocean Court) - Shenzhen Bay Control Point - Shenzhen Bay Port - Baoan Station - Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport
- NT 618: Shenzhen Bay Port - Tin Shui Wai (Tin Yan Estate)
- Urban taxis and NT taxis can enter Shenzhen Bay Control Point.
The border is open from 6:30 am to midnight daily.
While the border closes at midnight, the Shenzhen Bay Bridge stops accepting cars after 11:30 PM.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenzhen Bay Port.|