|District of Madhya Pradesh|
Location of Sheopur district in Madhya Pradesh
|Tehsils||1. Sheopur, 2. Baroda, 3. Vijaypur, 4. Veerpur, 5. Karahal,|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Morena (shared with Morena district)|
|• Assembly seats||1. Sheopur, 2. Vijaypur|
|• Total||6,606 km2 (2,551 sq mi)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||902|
It is one out of 21 tribal district of Madhya Pradesh.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sheopur one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 24 districts in Madhya Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
The district comprises three sub-divisions: Sheopur, Vijaypur and Karahal. Sheopur sub-division consists two tehsils: Sheopur and Baroda. Vijaypur sub-division also comprises two tehsils: Vijaypur and Veerpur. Karahal sub-division comprises the lone tehsil of Karahal. There are two nagar palikas in this district: Sheopur and Baroda and a nagar panchayat, Vijaypur.
According to the 2011 census Sheopur District has a population of 687,952, roughly equal to the nation of Equatorial Guinea or the US state of North Dakota. This gives it a ranking of 505th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 104 inhabitants per square kilometre (270/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 22.96%. Sheopur has a sex ratio of 902 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 58.02%.
- "Districts of India - Madhya Pradesh". india.gov.in website. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- shodhganga (PDF) http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in:8080/jspui/bitstream/10603/14393/12/11_chapter%205.pdf. Missing or empty
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 226, 250.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Equatorial Guinea 668,225 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
North Dakota 672,591
||Sawai Madhopur district, Rajasthan||Karauli district, Rajasthan||Morena district|
|Kota district, Rajasthan||Gwalior district|
|Baran district, Rajasthan||Shivpuri district|
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|