|Location||Deosai Plains, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan
(Karakoram-West Tibetan Plateau alpine steppe)
|Etymology||Sheosar Lake means 'Blind Lake' in Shina language, as Sheo means 'Andhi' (Blind) and Sar means 'Lake'.|
|Max. length||2.3 kilometres (1.4 mi)|
|Max. width||1.8 kilometres (1.1 mi)|
|Average depth||40 metres (130 ft)|
|Surface elevation||4,142 metres (13,589 ft)|
Routes to the Lake
The lake is accessible through two routes. One is via Skardu and the other via Astore District.
The road through Skardu can be covered by jeep in few hours, however, if trekked, it can take 2 days time.
Best Time to Visit
Between the months of November to May the whole area of Deosai is snow bound. However, the area has much natural beauty during Spring and Summer Season. During spring, the whole surrounding gets covered with wide variety of colorful flowers and butterflies. The best time of visiting this beautiful lake is in summer between June to early September.
- Syed Mehdi Bukhari (27 April 2015). "Deosai Plains: Welcome to surreal Pakistan". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Sheosar Lake – North Pakistan | Northern Areas of Pakistan". northpakistan.com. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lakes of Pakistan.|
- HighestLake.com - List of highest lakes
- http://pbase.com/waqas Sheosar Lake Photos by Waqas Usman
- Imran Ahmed's Picture Gallery: Sheosar Lake
- Ch. Umer's Picture Gallery: Sheosar Lake
|This Pakistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|