This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hyken's message is that in dealing with customers, businesses should be honest, courteous, and train their staff appropriately. He has been interviewed several times on Fox News, where he has weighed in on several customer service scandals, including complaints against Trump University, the General Motors recall, the UPS and Amazon delay in holiday shipping, and Comcast's refusal to close accounts at customer request.
Hyken started Shepard Presentations in 1983.
Hyken is the author of several books that offer advice about retaining customers. In 1993, the Alan Press published Hyken's Moments of Magic. This book leverages Hyken's more than twenty years' experience in customer service.
In 1999, the Alan Press published The Loyal Customer: A Lesson From a Cab Driver which narrates the secrets of a taxi driver who builds a loyal customer base.
In 2009, Wiley published The Cult of the Customer: Create an Amazing Customer Experience That Turns Satisfied Customers Into Customer Evangelists. The book outlines a strategy for leading customers and employees through five cultural phases, from uncertainty to satisfaction.
In 2011, Greenleaf Book Group published Hyken's The Amazement Revolution: Seven Customer Service Strategies to Create an Amazing Customer (and Employee) Experience. The Amazement Revolution was on several bestseller lists: number eleven on the New York Times list, number three on the Wall Street Journal list, and number one on USA Today's list.
In 2013, Greenleaf Book Group Press published Hyken's Amaze Every Customer Every Time: 52 Tools for Delivering the Most Amazing Customer Service on the Planet.
- "Hardcover Advice & Misc". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Hyken, Shep (5 December 2013). "Consistency Is the Key to Amazing Customer Service". CRM Buyer. ECT News Network. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Shep Hyken on The Rory Vaden Show Episode 13: "Amazing Service"". Rory Vaden Show. Southwestern Consulting. RoryVaden.com. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "NY AG Files $40M Lawsuit Against Donald Trump". FoxBusiness.com. Fox News Network, LLC. Money with Melissa Francis. 26 August 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Reaction to GM's CEO". FoxNews.com. FOX News Network, LLC. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "UPs, FedEx, and retailers under fire for holiday shipping delays". FoxBusiness.com. FOX News Network, LLC. 26 December 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Halligan, Shannon (16 July 2014). "Customer service expert: How to break up with your service provider". kshb.com. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Rise of the social media architect: eight jobs you never knew existed". CampaignLive.co.uk. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Hyken, Shep. Moments of Magic. Amazon's digital services. 2012.
- Hyken, Shep. The Loyal Customer: A Lesson From a Cab Driver. Alan PR. 1999.
- Hyken, Shep. design a strategy that leads both customers and employees through five distinct cultural phases – from "uncertainty" to "amazement." Wiley. 2009.
- ""The Amazement Revolution" with Shep Hyken". BlogTalkRadio. BlogTalkRadio.com. February 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Advice, How-To And Miscellaneous: Sunday, April 24th 2011". New York Times. New York Times Company. 24 April 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "The Amazement Revolution: Seven Customer Service Strategies to Create an Amazing Customer (and Employee) Experience". AbeBooks.com. Amazon.com. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- Hyken, Shep. Amaze Every Customer Every Time: 52 Tools for Delivering the Most Amazing Customer Service on the Planet. Greenleaf Publishing Book Group. 2013.