Sher Afzal Khan Barikoti
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sher Afzal Khan Barikoti (Pashto: شيرافضل خان برېکوټي) is a Pashto author and historian born in Swat. He lives in England from where he has published books on Pashto history and literature. He is published in Pashto (Pukhto) and Urdu. He is working on building the Masjid Bab-Ul-Islam and Shah Wali-Ullah School of Sciences in his native village of Barikot, in Swat, NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Da Puhkto Sher Aw Adab Tarikh - awarded the Gold Medal from The Abasin Adabi Council of Peshawar, N.W.F.P., and is now part of the MA Pashto course at the University of Peshawar
- Sakhuntaraz - Abdul Hameed Momand
- Andaleeb-e-Swat - Hafiz Al Puri
- Dubduba-e-Khushal - Khushal Khan Khattak
- Zamzama-e-Rehman - Rehman Baba
- Taruf-e-Swat - the first book published by the author, in 1955
- Pir Baba, awarded the Gold Medal from The Abasin Adabi Council of Peshawar, NWFP.
- Bayyazid Ansari - Pir Rokhan - awarded the Gold Medal from The Abasin Adabi Council of Peshawar, NWFP.
- Hakeem-e-Hamdard Awr Tanha Musafir - two biographies in one. The first portion concentrates on the life and works of Hakeem Mohammad Syed, the second half of the book looks at the work and struggles of the late Maulana Rahat Gul.
- Iqbal Maira Humsafr - Sher Afzal Khan Barikoti's most recent publication.
- Tarikhi Rozgar-autobiography - 2012.
Masjid Bab-Ul-Islam and Shah Wali-Ullah School of Sciences
Sher Afzal Khan Barikoti is building the Masjid Bab-Ul-Islam with an accompanying school of sciences in his native village of Barikot, Swat. The project is nearing completion, building it on land he has donated. The mosque and adjoining school are in a village once the battle ground of Alexander the Great.