Sher Dhan Rai
|Chief minister of Province No. 1|
|Assumed office |
14 February 2018
|Governor||Prof. Dr. Govinda Bahadur Tumbahang|
|Minister of Information and Communications (Nepal)|
5 November 2015 – 14 August 2016
|President||Bidhya Devi Bhandari|
|Prime Minister||KP Oli|
|Member of Constituent Assembly|
|Constituency||Bhojpur - 2|
|Provincial Assembly Member of Province No. 1|
|Assumed office |
|Born||February 23, 1971|
|Political party||Nepal Communist Party|
Sher Dhan Rai (Nepali: शेरधन राई; born 23 February 1971) is a politician and a political leader of Nepal. He is the Chief Minister of Province No. 1, a province in eastern Nepal. He was a member of the 2nd Nepalese Constituent Assembly. He won the Bhojpur–2 seat in 2013 Nepalese Constituent Assembly election for the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist). He is Parliamentary Party leader for Province No. 1 and was elected on 9, February, 2018. Rai was elected as CM of Province No. 1 on February 14, 2018. He served in the past as a cabinet minister of government of Nepal, Minister for Information and Communication. He was appointed as the chief minister, according to Article 168 (1) of the Constitution of Nepal. Mr Rai has a post-graduate degree in Sociology.
Sherdhan Rai was born in Pasalbhanjyang of Thidingkha (Nepali: पसल भञ्ज्याङ, थिन्दिंखा), Bhojpur District of Eastern Development Region of Nepal in a farming family to Mr Jagir Man Rai and Mrs Ramri Maya Rai. His father Jagir Man was elected village chief unopposed for three times during the Panchayat period. Jagir Man served as unopposed elected village chief for two terms after Pachayat system was replaced by multi-party democracy.
- Mohammad Lalbabu Raut Gaddhi
- Dormani Poudel
- Prithvi Subba Gurung
- Shankar Pokharel
- Mahendra Bahadur Shahi
- Trilochan Bhatta
- "MyRepublica :: Election Special". MyRepublica.com. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Nepalnews.com - News from Nepal as it happens :: Elected Members". Nepalnews.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Election Candidate - Sher Dhan Rai". Ujyaaloonline.com. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Sherdhan Rai was elected as CPN-UML PP leader". The Himalayan Times. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Sherdhan Rai elected CM of Province 1". kathmandupost.ekantipur.com. 14 February 2018. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Interview with Sherdhan Rai". ecanadanepal.com. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
|This article about a Nepalese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|