Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
The Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel is a five-star luxury hotel run by the Sheraton Hotels and Resorts overlooking the Persian Gulf in the West Bay area of Doha, Qatar. Located approximately 2 miles northwest of the port area, it reportedly covers an area of around 10,000 square metres. The hotel reportedly cost around $100 million to build, and although built by an American company, it was subsidized by the Qatari government.
Established in 1979, is noted for its distinct pyramid shape and is part of the conference facility for the Organization of Arab States. The Sheraton Doha has been described as having "a world of Arabian luxury and magical ambience". The hotel itself has a very important function as a conference centre in Doha and regularly hosts events including international scientific seminars and meetings. The First Conference for Expatriate Arab Scientists, QFIRST took place at the hotel in 2007 and it has hosted meetings of the World Trade Organization (WTO). The hotel reportedly has one auditorium which holds over 1000 people.
The hotel has 371 rooms and 26 conference rooms. The hotel has nine restaurants.
- Augustin, Byron; Augustin, Rebecca A. (April 1997). Qatar. Children's Press. pp. 95–97. ISBN 978-0-516-20303-4. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (1 January 2007). Sailing Directions - Enroute. ProStar Publications. p. 287. ISBN 978-1-57785-760-0. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Chaddock, David (8 August 2006). Qatar. Stacey International. ISBN 978-1-905299-05-8. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Hoteko, Sarge (July 2004). On The Fringe Of History: A Riveting Behind-the-scenes Look At The War On Drugs And Terrorism From A Fed Who Fought The Fight. iUniverse. p. 298. ISBN 978-0-595-32177-3. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Usa, Ibp (1 February 2000). Qatar Business & Investment Opportunities Yearbook. Int'l Business Publications. p. 231. ISBN 978-0-7397-2237-4. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Ammar, Ben (August 2004). Traveling The Tennis Tour: The Men's Professional Tour. Universal-Publishers. p. 286. ISBN 978-1-58112-531-3. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Economic review. Economic & Industrial Publications. 1989. p. 99. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- United Nations (March 2009). Report of the Follow-up International Conference on Financing for Development to Review the Implementation of the Monterrey Consensus (Doha, Qatar, 29 November-2 December 2008). United Nations Publications. p. 83. ISBN 978-92-1-104594-9. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- The Report: Qatar 2008. Oxford Business Group. 2008. p. 240. ISBN 978-1-902339-99-3. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Blustein, Paul (21 September 2009). Misadventures of the most favored nations: clashing egos, inflated ambitions, and the great shambles of the world trade system. PublicAffairs. p. 110. ISBN 978-1-58648-718-8. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
|This article about a hotel or resort in Qatar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|