Sheri Salata (born October 20, 1959) is a writer/producer, and co-founder of the media company STORY and the life guidance system The Pillar Life. She was co-president of Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and president of Winfrey’s Harpo Productions.
Salata was born in Georgia and raised in Chicago's northern suburbs. She graduated from the University of Iowa in the early 1980s. Salata's first job was assistant to Perry Stebor, an executive at Grey Advertising in Chicago. Salata entered Harpo Studios in 1995 as promotions producer. In 2009 she was named president of Harpo Studios. Salata served as executive producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2006 until the show ended in 2011. She was co-president of OWN with Erik Logan from July 2011 until May 2016.
Salata was introduced to a wider audience in the TV series Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes, airing on OWN January–August 2011.
In May 2016, Salata stepped down as co-president to become co-founder (with Nancy Hala) of STORY, a female-led media company dedicated to developing content and telling stories across all platforms and live events, expanding a vision of freedom, growth, joy, and dream-building. OWN and the Oprah Media Group will be clients.
Salata and Nancy Hala are co-founders of The Pillar Life, a life guidance system to ignite the eight cornerstones of a happy life. They are also co-hosts of the podcast The Sheri + Nancy Show, about living the Pillar Life. In June 2019, Salata published The Beautiful No and Other Tales of Trial, Transcendence, and Transformation.
- "About". The Pillar Life. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Sheri Salata: President, OWN and Harpo Studios". Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- Gregory Beyer; Sasha Bronner. "Sheri Salata And Erik Logan, Searching For Meaning At The Top Of Oprah Winfrey's World". Retrieved 3 May 2014.
- "Nancy Hala". 1440 Multiversity. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "OWN Co-President Sheri Salata Steps Down". Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "The Beautiful No - Sheri Salata - Hardcover". HarperCollins Publishers. Retrieved 2019-07-16.