|Prime Minister of Egypt|
19 September 2015 – 7 June 2018
|President||Abdel Fattah el-Sisi|
|Preceded by||Ibrahim Mahlab|
|Succeeded by||Moustafa Madbouly|
|Minister of Petroleum|
16 July 2013 – 12 September 2015
|Prime Minister||Hazem Al Beblawi (Acting)|
|Preceded by||Sherif Haddara|
|Succeeded by||Tareq el Molla|
|Born||6 July 1955|
|Alma mater||Ain Shams University|
Sherif Ismail Mohamed (Arabic: شريف إسماعيل pronounced [ʃɪˈɾiːf esmæˈʕiːl]; born 6 July 1955) is an Egyptian engineer served as Prime Minister of Egypt between 2015 and 2018. Previously he was Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources from 2013 to 2015.
Ismail studied mechanical engineering at Ain Shams University and graduated in 1978. He has held managerial posts at state-run petrochemical and natural gas firms. He served as the executive deputy chairman and then chairman of the Egyptian holding company for petrochemicals (ECHEM), which was established in 2002. Next he was named chairman of the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS).
Then he worked as the managing director of the state-run oil holding company, Ganoub El Wadi Petroleum Holding Company (GANOPE). and became chairman of the company. He was appointed as Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources on 16 July 2013 as part of the interim cabinet led by Hazem Al Beblawi. He replaced Sherif Hassan Haddara in the post.
Ismail was appointed as Prime Minister on 12 September 2015.
On June 5, 2018 Ismail submitted his letter of resignation to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. However, he still remained Prime Minister in caretaker capacity. Two days after Ismail submitted his letter, Sisi appointed Moustafa Madbouly, Minister of Housing and Urban Utilities, to succeed him as Prime Minister.
Following his departure as Prime Minister, it was reported on June 9, 2018 that Ismail had been nominated to serve as the top aide to Sisi.
- "Meet Egypt's new Prime Minister Sherif Ismail". Ahram Online. 12 September 2015. Archived from the original on 27 August 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Meet Egypt's new Prime Minister: Sherif Ismail". Mada Masr. 13 September 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Pascal Belda (2005). Ebizguide Egypt. MTH Multimedia S.L. p. 94. ISBN 978-84-933978-0-7. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Bogomolov, Pavel (2004). "Thirty years later". Oil of Russia (3). Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "On working meeting of Alexander Medvedev, Hany Soliman Ali, Sherif Soussa and Ibrahim Ahmed". Gazprom. 26 December 2006. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "Egypt expects $8 bln in petroleum investments, says minister". Arab Finance. Cairo. 21 February 2012. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Werr, Patrick (16 June 2013). "State holding company executive appointed Egypt's oil minister". Reuters. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "New Egyptian Interim Cabinet Sworn Into Office". Radio Free Europe. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Tarek El Tablawy; Alaa Shahine (7 May 2013). "Egypt to Replace Finance Minister in Cabinet Reshuffle". Bloomberg. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "The Cabinet - Biography". The Arab Republic of Egypt - The Cabinet of Ministers. Archived from the original on 28 August 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
Media related to Sherif Ismail at Wikimedia Commons
| Prime Minister of Egypt