Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||Prem Menon|
|Based on||Man on a Ledge by Pablo Fenjves|
|Starring||Biju Menon |
Rahul Raj (score)
Sherlock Toms is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language comedy film directed by Shafi and written by Sachy. The film stars Biju Menon, Miya, Srinda Arhaan, Salim Kumar, and Kalabhavan Shajohn. It was produced by Prem Menon under his Global United Media. The plot follows the encounters of Thomas, an Indian Revenue Service employee, who is fondly Sherlock Toms due to his shrewd intelligence and keen observation skills. The film was released on 29 September 2017.
Young Thomas Joy is an avid fan of Sherlock Holmes, a character created by Arthur Conan Doyle. His friends call him 'Sherlock Toms' due to his keen observation skills. Despite some childhood difficulties he grows up to be an IRS officer but has a troubled relationship with his wife Rekha, whom he married accidentally.
Tom is affected by the failure of a raid he planned on a "chit fund company" and his subsequent suspension. Tom attributes it to his wife’s behaviour and has argument with her. She calls the police and alleges Tom hit her. He then faces court cases brought by Rekha and the chit fund company. When it becomes apparent his lawyer is not succeeding in proving his innocence, Tom loudly threatens to commit suicide. The judge orders Tom to undergo psychiatric treatment but during the commotion he flees and accidentally enters the office of the chit company from where he demands the lifting of his suspension and a divorce from Rekha.
In the office he discovers cancelled currencies which he shows to the gathered media reporting about him. When the police rescue team captured him, Tom confesses his suicide threat was an act to get the company raided thereby clearing his name.
- Biju Menon as P.L.Thomas IRS alias Sherlock Toms Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax/ Deputy Director of Enforcement Directorate
- Miya as Shiney Mattummel
- Srinda Ashab as Rekha Toms aka Sabdarekha, Toms's wife
- Manju Satheesh as P. Bhanumathy H. M
- Salim Kumar as Choulo Ashan
- Hareesh Perumanna as Fakrudeen aka Fakru
- Kottayam Nazeer as S.I Shinto
- Vijayakumar as Commisionor Sathyaprathapan I.P.S
- Prasanth as Joby Tharakan, Branch Manager at Mannanam Chits and Finance, Ravipuram branch
- Abu Salim as Markose
- Suresh Krishna as Kannan Nair, Kerala Fire and Rescue Services officer
- Rafi as Lazar
- Kalabhavan Shajon as Sugunan Master
- Noby Marcose as Madan Thulasi
- Molly Kannamaly as Kuruvi Thathi
- Sunil Babu as Uvvachu Choulo, son of Chouro Ashaan
- Saju Kodiyan as Fa. Kunnummel
- Dinesh Prabhakar as Cost Gangu
- Sadiq as Adv.Sambashivan P. K
- Jayan Cherthala as P .Sundaram, Joint Director
- Balaji Sharma as Vinod
- Anu Joseph as Kannan Nair's wife
- Kalabhavan Haneef as Jolly
- Vijayaraghavan as Unneesho Mappila
- Vinod Kedamangalam as School Peon
- Nelson as Panthayam Panchi
- Majeed as Prosecutor
- Rajesh Paravoor as Nilavudeen
- Sarayu as Magistrate
- Vijayan Karanthoor as Sub Inspector at Alangad Station
- Dhananjay as young Toms
- "Biju Menon is an aspiring detective in Sherlock Toms". The New Indian Express. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "sherlock toms: Biju Menon - Shafi's film gets a title, 'Sherlock Toms' | Malayalam Movie News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2017-03-10. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|