Sherman Independent School District
In addition to Sherman, the district also serves the village of Knollwood. Sherman is the sister city of Denison, Texas.
- Grades 9-12
- Grades 7-8
- Piner Middle School
- Grades 5-6
- Dillingham Intermediate School
- Grades PK-4
- Crutchfield Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Neblett Elementary School
- Sory Elementary School
- Wakefield Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School
Sherman High School serves grades 9.4-12, has a student body of approximately 1,700, and is classified in UIL competition as AAAA
- Set a Texas high school football record in 2005 for having the worst season record (3-8) ever and still qualifying for district playoffs
- The 2006 football season ended with a record of 8-2
- The Bearcats returned to the playoffs in both the 2008 and 2009 seasons.
Only school in modern history to go undefeated two consecutive years (1976 and 1977) and still not win a state championship. UIL did not have overtime tie breakers at the time. Sherman ranked #1 in Class 4-A, the highest classification at the time, for the entirety of both seasons until tying Plano in 1977 and missing the playoffs.
- The Sherman High School marching band reached the UIL state marching competition in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2013. They won bronze in 2005. The Sherman High School marching band won first place and the title "Grand Champion" at the Little Elm "Classic on the Lake" competition on October 13, 2012. In 2010 and 2013, the Sherman Highschool Marching Band received 1st place overall as Champions of The Golden Triangle in Denton.
Fred Douglass Early Childhood Center
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.