Sherman Municipal Airport
|Sherman Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Sherman|
|Elevation AMSL||745 ft / 227 m|
Sherman Municipal Airport (ICAO: KSWI, FAA LID: SWI) is a city owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) southeast of the central business district of Sherman, a city in Grayson County, Texas, United States.
Facilities and aircraft
Sherman Municipal Airport covers an area of 144 acres (58 ha) at an elevation of 745 feet (227 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,006 by 75 feet (1,221 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 30, 2007, the airport had 13,800 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 37 per day. At that time there were 19 aircraft based at this airport: 95% single-engine and 5% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SWI ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 8, 2010.
- "Sherman, Texas - Sherman Municipal (ICAO: KSWI, FAA: SWI)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Sherman Municipal Airport page at City of Sherman website
- "Sherman Municipal (SWI)" (PDF). at Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SWI, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: