|Industry||All-terrain amphibious vehicles|
|Founder||Alexei Garagashyan|
|Headquarters||Winnipeg, MB, CAD.,|
Number of employees
The Sherp is a manufacturer of all-terrain amphibious vehicles, designed for rough and soggy terrain. It was founded in 2012 in partnership with engineer and Russian designer Alexei Garagashyan. In 2015, the company introduced the Sherp amphibious all-terrain vehicle. The vehicles are sold in Ukraine, Russia, Canada, the United States of America, Australia, Europe and Africa.
The ATV has a steel and aluminium carrier body that is buoyant and can stay afloat even without the wheels.
The control unit is equipped with two pedals and two levers, as well as a set of control devices. In addition to snow, mud, and marshes, the cross-country vehicle overcomes obstacles up to 6 ft in height. The Sherp's maximum speed is over 40 km/h on land and 6 km/h on water and can tow up to 2500 lbs.
The design of the ATV began in 2012 based on the Russian designs of Alexei Garagashyan. The Sherp ATV was presented at the Moscow exhibition of crossovers and off-road vehicles in 2015. Mass production started in St. Petersburg, Russia and Kyiv, Ukraine in 2015.
In the media
On February 2016: Sherp ATV appeared on the show TopGear.
In July 2017 Sherp ATV was demonstrated in the Canadian towns of Whitehorse and Yellowknife.
In October 2017 Sherp ATV was shown on the Diesel Brothers TV show.
In January 2018 the Sudbury Sherp dealer featured on Discovery Canada show Daily Planet.
In April 2018 Sherp rescues stranded ATVers from swampy area north of Capreol
- Barrie, Allison (2018-06-12). "Eurosatory 2018: Huge wheeled military ATV swims and surprises". Fox News. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- Limer, Eric (2016-02-09). "These Adorably Rugged Russian Trucks Will Drive On and Over Anything". Popular Mechanics. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Video: witness the excellence of the two-man Sherp ATV". Top Gear. 2016-02-08. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- "Watch Russia's ultimate off-roader vs. Texas mud". Autoweek. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- SHERP founder Alexei Garagashyan's web-site
- Tom Ford (February 2016). "SHERP ATV at TopGear TV show". TopGear.
- Philippe Morin (July 2017). "'Tank-like ATV' pitched for Canada's North can crawl through sand, snow, water and ice". CBC News.
- Diesel Brothers (October 2017). "Sisu Nasu vs. Sherp". Diesel Brothers.
- Alan Nursall (January 2018). "Riding the Sherp in Sudbury". Daily Planet (TV series).
- Sudbury.com Staff (28 April 2018). "Sherp rescues stranded ATVers from swampy area north of Capreol". Laurentian Media Group.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sherp vehicles.|