This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sherri DuPree-Bemis performing in 2014
|Birth name||Sherri DuPree|
|Also known as||Sherri DuPree-Bemis|
December 3, 1983|
Tyler, Texas, United States
|Genres||Indie rock, indie pop|
|Associated acts||Eisley, Perma, Say Anything, Max Bemis and the Painful Splits|
Sherri DuPree-Bemis (born December 3, 1983) is a singer-songwriter from Texas. She is most prominently known for being one of the primary vocalists and songwriters for the band Eisley. Dupree-Bemis is also a guest vocalist for many other projects, as well as a visual artist.
Three of her siblings, Chauntelle, Stacy, and Weston DuPree, were also members of Eisley, along with her cousin, Garron DuPree. Her youngest sister Christie has also occasionally performed with them live. After the departure of her siblings, Dupree-Bemis became Eisley's primary singer and songwriter. Her drawings can be seen on much of the Eisley merchandise, as well as on most of their album artwork. DuPree-Bemis appears on various songs with sister Stacy, including "Dance Party Plus" by Head Automatica and "Unglued" by Fair. Stacy and Sherri contributed vocals to the album Cassadaga by Bright Eyes while in Malibu for the recording of their second full-length album, Combinations. DuPree-Bemis also sang a verse for a song on Brighten's album King vs. Queen, and she sings during the Two Tongues track "Interlude" on the supergroup's self-titled 2009 album, as well as the second interlude on their second LP. DuPree-Bemis first contributed vocals to tracks on Say Anything's self-titled album and has since been featured every subsequent album by the band. She is the co-singer-songwriter of the band Perma, with her husband Max Bemis of the band Say Anything.
DuPree is divorced from musician Chad Gilbert of the band New Found Glory. She then married musician Max Bemis. In February 2013, Bemis announced the birth of their daughter, Lucy Jean. A second child, daughter Coraline Mae Bemis, was born in February 2015. Their third child, son Charles Hanley Bemis, was born in April 2018.
- Two of a Crime (2013)
- Ratiner, Tracie (2008-12-05). Contemporary Musicians: Profiles of the People in Music. Gale. ISBN 9780787696146. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- McLaughlin, Moira E. (April 18, 2008). "Eisley: Rock and Relatives". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 22, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- "Welcome to the world, Lucy Jean!". Max Bemis verified Twitter account. February 11, 2013. Archived from the original on April 14, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- DiVincenzo, Alex (February 25, 2015). "Max & Sherri Bemis Welcome Second Daughter". AbsolutePunk.net. Archived from the original on October 17, 2015. Retrieved March 5, 2016.
- "He's here!!!". Sherri Dupree Bemis Instagram account. April 14, 2018. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
Born at 4:08 am. ... #CharlesHanleyBemis
- @maxbemis (April 14, 2018). "My wife and I had a beautiful baby boy named Charlie" (Tweet). Archived from the original on April 26, 2018. Retrieved April 26, 2018 – via Twitter.
- @maxbemis (April 14, 2018). "Thank you from my heart..." (Tweet). Archived from the original on April 26, 2018. Retrieved April 26, 2018 – via Twitter.