McManis in 2010.
|No. 27 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||December 19, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Peoria, Illinois|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||193 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Peoria (IL) Richwoods|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 5 / Pick: 144|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Sherrick Terravis McManis (born December 19, 1987) is an American football cornerback and special teamer for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the fifth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Northwestern.
McManis attended Richwoods High School in Peoria, Illinois where he played football and was a state champion long-jumper. Considered only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, McManis chose Northwestern over Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, and Illinois State.
As a freshman, McManis was named to Sporting News' freshman All-Big Ten team after recording 21 tackles, breaking up six passes and making one interception. As a sophomore, he became a full-time starter on defense, and recorded 75 tackles, 6.5 tackles-for-loss, seven pass break-ups, and one interception. As a junior, he recorded 53 tackles, broke up 14 passes and had two interceptions. As a senior, he earned first-team All-Big Ten honors after he set career highs in interceptions with five, and recorded 37 tackles, 1.5 tackles-for-loss, and broke up 12 passes. He finished his collegiate career with 201 tackles, eight tackles-for-loss, 39 pass break-ups, and nine interceptions.
On August 31, 2012, McManis was traded to the Chicago Bears for fullback Tyler Clutts. In Week 9 against the Tennessee Titans, McManis blocked Brett Kern's punt, which was recovered by former Northwestern teammate Corey Wootton, who returned the blocked punt for a touchdown. McManis was eventually named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week. McManis was placed on injured reserve on December 11. In the 2015 season, McManis had 11 special-teams tackles, which led the team.
- Powers, Scott (April 24, 2010). "NU's Kafka picked by Eagles". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- McClain, John (May 27, 2010). "Texans agree on contract with McManis". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-11-04). "Marshall hauls in three TDs in victory". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-11-04.
- Gantt, Darin (2012-11-07). "Big win helps Bears pair up player of the week honors". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-12-11). "Gould among three Bears played on injured reserve". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "By the Numbers: 2015". www.chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- Biggs, Brad (March 10, 2016). "Bears re-signing special teams ace Sherrick McManis". ChicagoTribune.com. Retrieved March 13, 2016.