University of Western Ontario|
Ivey Business School
|Occupation||President and CEO of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate|
Chris is a graduate of The University of Western Ontario and earned an MBA from the Ivey School of Business. She became interested in real estate during the process of purchasing her first home, and took classes during the evenings and weekends while working in the banking industry. She received her real estate license in the Province of Ontario at the age of 25.
Chris started her career in the banking industry and moved into real estate in 1982 in the province of Ontario, Canada. She began working with Royal LePage in 1987 as a branch and area manager. In 1997, she was promoted to regional manager and held a vice-president position in Toronto. Chris was eventually promoted to Executive Vice President of Network Services. In 2003 Chris became the President of Real Living Network Services, where she worked until 2005, when she joined Prudential California Realty as Chief Operations Officer (COO). In December 2006, Chris joined Realogy Corporation (“Realogy”) as the Chief Operating Officer of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. In the position Chris would “direct the company’s operations, education, mortgage and field services programs [and] ... focus on communication between Coldwell Banker corporate headquarters, regional offices and its nearly 4,000-office affiliate network." In October 2007, Realogy Corporation entered into a 100-year agreement to license the Better Homes and Gardens brand from Meredith Corporation. In 2008, Realogy launched a franchise network for the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC brand, of which Chris was named CEO and president.  Since the franchise's launch, Chris has grown the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate network to represent the fifth largest residential brand for Realogy, expanding it to hundreds of offices and thousands of affiliated sales associates in the United States and Canada.
Chris was named 2010 and 2015 Inman Innovator of the Year in the real estate industry and Inman’s “100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders” for six consecutive years. She was included on the Most Influential Real Estate Executives list by Real Estate Executive Magazine and Profiles in Diversity Journal’s annual Women Worth Watching list.  In October 2015, Chris won the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) Pinnacle Award created for leaders who have advanced a climate of acceptance that benefits LGBT home buyers & sellers. Chris was included in the Swanepoel Power 200 list from 2013 to 2016.
Chris previously served on the advisory boards for Realtor.com and Zillow, as well as Trulia and Google Real Estate. Chris serves on the advisory boards of the National Association of Realtors (NAR) real estate services, the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) Education Foundation, and on the advisory board for New Story. Chris is currently a chairman of the board for Rebuilding Together, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the safety and health of the homes of low-income homeowners.She is the past chair of the Realty Alliance and served as 2015 Chair for Large Residential Firms with RES Advisory Group.
Chris has been a guest author on Huffington Post, and has been featured on national media outlets such as the FOX Business Channel, CNBC, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today. In 2017, Chris was on a Feng Shui Lifestyle panel of The Milken Institute’s Global Conference.
- "Leadership Biography: Sherry Chris". Realogy. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Gitlin, Naomi. "Sherry Chris Builds Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate from the Ground Up". Women's Council of Realtors. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Harney, Kenneth (December 19, 1998). "Marketing Technology Changing The Face Of Home Selling, Buying". Daily Press. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Bizbits: Cottage-selling market hot". The London Free Press. May 17, 2003. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Prudential CA/NV/TX Realty Appoints Sherry Chris as Chief Operations Officer". PR Newswire. PR Newswire. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Sherry Chris named CO of Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corporation". December 5, 2006. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Sherry Chris to Lead Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Brand". RIS Media. RIS Media. October 11, 2007. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- Patterson, Maria (February 28, 2011). "The Evolution of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate". RIS Media. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "2010 Inman News Innovator Awards winners". Inman News. Inman. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "100 Most Influential Real Estates Agents" (PDF). Real Estates Executive Magazine site.
- "NAGLREP Honors Jim Obergefell, Sherry Chris with Pinnacle Award". Business WIre. National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals. October 14, 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "LGBTI real estate professionals honor lead plaintiff in Supreme Court gay marriage case". Gay Star Homes.
- "Swanepoel announces 2017's most powerful people in real estate".
- Roark, Kelly (December 14, 2006). "Tapping Industry Expertise with Real Estate Advisory Board". Trulia Corporate Blog. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "My schedule for Inman Connect SF 2015". realestateconnectsf2015.sched.org. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Speaker Information".
- "5 women who could help change the future of NAR".
- "Global Real Estate Summit Coming to Hawaii". Honolulu (magazine).
- "Welcome, Sherry Chris!".
- "2015 NAR Federal Policy Conference: Required Attendee List" (PDF). National Association of Realtors. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Author Page: Sherry Chris". Huffington Post. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "The newest home buying trends to come in 2015". Fox Business. December 31, 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Optimistic About US Housing Market: CEO". CNBC. May 22, 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- Marino, Vivian (December 9, 2014). "The 30-Minute Interview Sherry Chris". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Tanaka, Sanette (September 10, 2013). "Tech Features Top Wish List for Luxury Buyers". Retrieved 1 February 2016 – via The Wall Street Journal.
- Schmit, Julie (October 18, 2013). "Home price gains slowing as market recovers". USA Today. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Global Conference 2017 Speakers Line Up". Milken Institute. 2017.