This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University|
|Institutions||VinIT Institute of Technology|
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Nguyen-Kuok was born on February 20, 1967. He graduated from high school in 1983 with honors. In the same year, he passed the state examination for admission to higher education. At the end of the contest, he was selected for a scholarship in the Soviet Union. From September 1983 to June 1984, he studied Russian at a preparatory facility of the Institute of Foreign Languages in Hanoi.
In August 1984, Shi Nguyen-Kuok came to the Soviet Union and began his first year of studying at the electromechanical department of the Leningrad Polytechnic Institute (now the St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University). While he studied at the institute, he engaged in research in the physics and technology of low-temperature plasma, participating in student scientific conferences. Nguyen-Kuok received awards from the academic council and rector of the institute and certificates of honor from the Leningrad City Council for successful participation in study and research work. In 1989, he graduated with a M.Sc. degree from the institute with honors. In the same year, he began working in the institute as an assistant at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Technology in a laboratory for plasma technique and technology.
In June 1992, he successfully defended his doctoral thesis called "Simulation of the interaction between flow solid particles and plasma" and was awarded a PhD specializing in electrotechnology. That same year, the scientific council of the institute recognized it as the best thesis in a competition, and Nguyen-Kuok was selected for postdoctoral study at the same institute.
In March 2002, he wrote a dissertation work, "Investigation of the Induction and Arc Plasma Torches", for a D.Sc. degree with a specialty in electrotechnology from the institute. The Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation praised the work as the best-defended dissertation of 2002.
From 1994 to 2003, Nguyen-Kuok continued his position as an associate professor of the Electrical Engineering and Technology Department at his alma mater. He taught the courses "Mathematical modeling of plasma and beam installations", "Theory of induction heating", "Plasma physics", and "Design of plasma and beam installations".
Since 2003, he has worked as a professor at the Department of General Physics and Nuclear Fusion in the Moscow Power Engineering Institute. He teaches the lectures "Mathematical methods of plasma physics", "Mathematical modeling of sources of low-temperature plasma", "Transport processes in plasma", "Computer technologies in science and education", and "Plasma Technique and Technology". For students from Myanmar training for an M.S., he teaches the courses "Plasma physics and controlled nuclear fusion", "Kinetics of low-temperature plasma", and "Statistical physics and quantum phenomena". Under his guidance, new courses and a new laboratory for plasma were created. He became the head of the laboratory in 2005. Under his leadership, new laboratory equipment was manufactured and tested, and new textbooks about plasma were published. As of 2019[update], the laboratory serves as a base for training undergraduate and graduate students who specialize in fusion reactors and plasma systems.
Since 2011, Nguyen-Kuok has been the scientific supervisor of the company Technokeramica. Under his guidanc, installations and a technological process for processing refractory (heat-resistant) powders in RF plasma torches were developed.
In 2016, he participated in the creation of the VinIT Institute of Technology and was elected President of the Management Board of VinIT.
In 2017, Nguyen-Kuok Shi's wrote a monograph titled "Theory of Low-Temperature Plasma Physics", which was published by the publishing house Springer Science+Business Media.
Nguyen-Kuok is a full member of the International Academy for System Studies since 2012 and the Russian Academy of Electrotechnical Sciences since 2015. He regularly participates in international conferences and symposiums regarding plasma physics and plasma technology.
- Ageev A.G., Korshunov J.S., Shi Nguyen-Kuok, Chinnov V.F.. "On the applicability of the relative intensities of the spectral lines of easily ionized impurity for plasma diagnostics of atomic and molecular gases". MPEI Publishing House, 2012.
- "The basics of mathematical modeling of Low temperature plasma". MPEI Publishing House, 2013.
- "Calculation of the thermionic cathode arc plasma torches". MPEI Publishing House, 2013.
- Veklenko B.A., Malakhov Y.I., Nguyen K.S.. "Superluminal signals in quantum optics". Journal of Engineering Physics, 2013.
- Korotkikh I.I., Nguyen-Kuok Shi, Malakhov Y.I.. "Model and method of determining the parameters of the light pulse passing through the thermaly excited medium". Journal of Economics and Management Control Systems, 2014.
- Nguyen-Kuok Shi, Malakhov Y.I., Korotkikh I.I., Ageev A.G.. "The dynamics of iterative computational procedures with internal feedback in the simulation of electro–plasma processes". Journal of Economics and Management Control Systems, 2014.
- Nguyen-Kuok Shi, Malakhov Y.I., Korotkikh I.I.. "Analysis of the stability of difference schemes and computational procedures in the simulation of electro–plasma processes". Journal of Control Systems and Information Technology, 2014.
- Nguyen-Kuok Shi, Malakhov Y.I., Korotkikh I.I.. "Mathematical algorithms and the region of stability of iterative computational procedures with internal feedback in the simulation of electro–plasma processes". Journal of Control Systems and Information Technology, 2014.
- Nguyen-Kuok Shi, Malakhov Y.I., Korotkikh I.I.. "Features of automated system of the spectral diagnostics of RF plasma torches". Journal of Induction heating, 2014.
- Hassanpour S., Nguyen-Kuok S.. Journal of Plasma Physics, 2015.
- I. Stepanov, Yu. Malakhov, Shi Nguyen-Kuok. "Experiment registration of the release excess thermal energy in the cell loaded with a mixture of nickel powder and lithium aluminum hydride". Journal of emerging areas of science, 2015.
- E.A. Golovkova, A.A. Kaloyan, E.S. Kovalenko, K.M. Podurets, Nguyen-Kuok Shi, A.V. Pakhnevich.. "Tomographic studies of the building material of the ancient temple complex of Mison (Vietnam)". 2017.
- V.P. Afanasyev, V.P. Budaev, A.V. Dedov, A.V. Eletsky, A.T. Komov, V.M. Kulygin, A.V. Lubenchenko, S.D. Fedorovich, Shi Nguyen-Kuok. "Physic technical problems of controlled thermonuclear fusion". MPEI Publishing House, 2017.
- "Theory of Low-Temperature Plasma Physics". Springer International Publishing, 2017.
- "Quantum-Mechanical Theory of Elastic Scattering and Cross Section Determination of Particle Interaction in Plasma". Journal Thermal Engineering, 2018.
- S.V. Dresvin, Shi Nguyen-Kuok, D.V. Ivanov. Basics of Mathematical Modeling of Plasma Torches: Part 3. 2006. ISBN 5-7422-1072-8.
- Basic Mathematical Models of Low-Temperature Plasma. MPEI Publishing House, 2013. ISBN 978-5-7046-1368-8.
- The Quantum–Mechanical Calculation of the Elastic Scattering of Particles in an Argon Plasma. MPEI Publishing House, 2013. ISBN 978-5-7046-1415-9.
- The Basics of Mathematical Modeling of Low-Temperature Plasma. MPEI Publishing House, 2013. ISBN 978-5-7046-1368-8.
- Shi Nguyen-Kuok, S.D. Fedorovich, V.F. Chinnov. Laboratory Workshop on the Physics of Low–Temperature Plasma. MPEI Publishing House, 2014. ISBN 978-5-7046-1539-2.
- Numerical Methods for Solving Problems of Mathematical Modeling of Low-Temperature Plasma. MPEI Publishing House, 2016. ISBN 978-5-7046-1684-9.
- Theory of Low-Temperature Plasma Physics. Springer International Publishing, 2017. ISBN 978-3-319-43719-4.
- VinIT Institute of Technology
- Shi Nguyen-Kuok's scientific contributions
- Prof. Nguyen Quoc Sy returns to contribute to his country – article from VinIt
- New step in waste treatment by plasma technology – article from VinIt
- Plasma technology for waste treatment of VinIT Institute of Technology – article from VinIt