Shiba, Minato, Tokyo
Shiba was a ward of Tokyo City from 1878 to 1947. It was merged with Akasaka and Azabu wards to form Minato ward on March 15, 1947. The Shiba area (芝地域) is located in the eastern and southern parts of Minato ward and consisting of a number of districts including Atago, Kaigan, Kōnan, Shiba, Shiba-kōen, Shibaura, Shiba-daimon, Shirokane, Shirokanedai, Shinbashi, Daiba, Takanawa, Toranomon, Nishi-Shinbashi, Hamamatsuchō, Higashi-Shinbashi (aka Shiodome) and Mita.
The main office of Minato ward and Zōjō-ji temple, the Great Main Temple of the Chinzai sect of Shingon Buddhism, are located in Shiba-kōen.
Shiba area (administrative)
Minato City Office has 5 regional city offices: Shiba, Azabu, Akasaka, Takanawa and Shiba Kōnan. The Shiba Regional City Office (芝総合支所) administrates the following districts/neighborhoods: Atago, Kaigan 1 chōme, Shiba, Shiba-kōen, Shiba-daimon, Shinbashi, Toranomon, Nishi-shinbashi, Hamamatsuchō, Nishi-shinbashi and Mita 1-3 chōme. As of 1 January 2017, the Shiba area has a population of 40,304 living in 25,339 households.
Shiba (芝) district is located in an eastern part of the Shiba area. On 1 July 1964, Shiba district (Shiba 1-5 chōme, 芝一〜五丁目) was created by merging and renaming the following districts/neighborhoods: Shibakanasugi (芝金杉一〜四丁目), Shibakanasugikawaguchichō (芝金杉川口町), Shibakanasugihamachō (芝金杉浜町), Shibakanasugigashi (芝金杉河岸), Shibashinborichō (芝新堀町), Shibashinborigashi (芝新堀河岸), Shibasaiōjimachi (芝西応寺町), Shibatamachi (芝田町一〜四丁目), Shibayokoshinmachi (芝横新町), Shibamatsumotochō (芝松本町), a part of Shibatorishinmachi (芝通新町), Honshiba (本芝一〜四丁目), Honshibamokuzaichō (本芝材木町), Honshibashitamachi (本芝下町), Honshibairiyokochō (本芝入横町), Shibamitashikokumachi (芝三田四国町) and Shibamitadobōchō (芝三田同朋町). As of 1 January 2017, the district (Shiba 1-5 chōme) has a population of 13,684 and 8,089 households. Tamachi Stations on the Yamanote Line and Mita Station on the Toei Mita Line are located in Shiba 5 chōme.
Companies based in Shiba district include:
- Bandai Namco Holdings
- Korean Air Japan
- Mitsubishi Motors
- NEC (NEC Supertower)
- Shiba Elementary School (public, operated by the Minato City Board of Education)
- Tokyo Joshi Gakuen Junior & Senior High School (private)
- Toita Women's College (private)
- Minato City Mita Library (public)
- "Corporate Profile." Haseko. Retrieved on September 6, 2017.
- "Company Info / Contact Info." Korean Air. Retrieved on August 30, 2011. "Japan Headquarters Tokyo Korean Air Building, 3-4-15, Shiba Minato-ku Tokyo 105-0014" Address in Japanese: "日本地域本部 〒105-0014 東京都港区芝3-4-15 東京KALビル"
- Headquarters: NEC in Japan: NEC Organization Retrieved May 5, 2015
- Consulate General of Chile in Tokyo
- Embassy of Botswana in Tokyo
|This Tokyo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|