From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the city in Kamikawa Subprefecture. For the town in Nemuro Subprefecture, see Shibetsu, Hokkaido (Nemuro).
Shibetsu city hall
Location of Shibetsu in Hokkaido (Kamikawa Subprefecture)
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Kamikawa Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Makino Yuji|
|• Total||1,119.29 km2 (432.16 sq mi)|
|Population (June 2008)|
|• Density||20.4/km2 (53/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Japanese Rowan and Ezo Spruce|
|• Flower||Cosmos and Ezo murasaki-tsutsuji (Rhododendron dauricum)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||4-1, Higashi Roku-jō, Shibetsu-shi, Hokkaidō
- 1902 Shibetsu village was founded.
- 1915 The village became Shibetsu town.
- 1954 Shibetsu town, Kamishibetsu village, Tayoro village, and Onneppu village were merged to form Shibetsu city.
- 2005 Asahi town was merged into Shibetsu city.
- Hokkaido Shibetsu Shoun High School
- Hokkaido Shibetsu Higashi High School
Sister city and friendship city
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|