Shibetsu city hall
Location of Shibetsu in Hokkaido (Kamikawa Subprefecture)
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Kamikawa Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Makino Yuji|
|• Total||1,119.29 km2 (432.16 sq mi)|
|Population (September 2016)|
|• Density||18/km2 (46/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Japanese Rowan and Ezo Spruce|
|• Flower||Cosmos and Ezo murasaki-tsutsuji (Rhododendron dauricum)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||4-1, Higashi Roku-jō, Shibetsu-shi, Hokkaidō
On September 1, 2005, the town of Asahi was merged into Shibetsu.
- 1902: Shibetsu village was founded.
- 1915: The village became Shibetsu town.
- 1954: Shibetsu town, Kamishibetsu village, Tayoro village, and Onneppu village were merged to form Shibetsu city.
- 2005: Asahi town was merged into Shibetsu city.
- Hokkaido Shibetsu Shoun High School
- Hokkaido Shibetsu Higashi High School
Sister city and friendship city
|This Hokkaidō location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|