Shichinohe-Towada Station in May 2011
|Location||Arakumanai, Shichinohe, Kamikita District, Aomori|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Opened||4 December 2010|
|Passengers (FY2011)||497 daily|
Shichinohe-Towada Station (七戸十和田駅 Shichinohe-Towada-eki) is a railway station on the Tohoku Shinkansen in Shichinohe, Aomori, Japan, operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It opened on 4 December 2010.
The station consists of two side platforms serving two tracks, with no passing tracks. The platforms are 263 m long and capable of handling 10-car trains. A track maintenance depot is located north of the station, with the connecting turnouts covered by a large snow shelter.
|1||■ Tohoku Shinkansen||for Shin-Aomori|
|2||■ Tohoku Shinkansen||for Morioka, Sendai, and Tokyo|
Some trains pass this station.
Construction of the new station started in August 2008, with completion scheduled for September 2009. The station opened on 4 December 2010 with the opening of the Tohoku Shinkansen extension from Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori.
In fiscal 2011, the station was used by an average of 497 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Sirius; For Ikebukuro Station and Tokyo Station
- Enburi; For Shinjuku Station and Tokyo Station
- Makino, Kazuto (September 2012). "新幹線９９駅 第6回 地平にある新幹線駅" [99 Shinkansen Stations Part 6: Ground-level Shinkansen Stations]. Japan Railfan Magazine. Vol. 52 no. 617. Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd. pp. 76–77.
- Misawa, Manabu (January 2010). "東北新幹線・九州新幹線 建設状況最新レポート". Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 39 no. 309. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. pp. 29–35.
- JR East press release: "東北新幹線の新駅の駅名について" (29 July 2009). Retrieved on 29 July 2009. (in Japanese)
- "東北新幹線新駅名決定" (29 July 2009) Archived 17 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved on 29 July 2009. (in Japanese)
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2011年度) [FY2011 Station passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [FY2010 Station passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "八戸・十和田・七戸／三沢・野辺地・むつ 〔シリウス号／しもきた号〕 | 高速バス | 国際興業バス". 5931bus.com (in Japanese). Kokusai Kogyo Co., Ltd. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "えんぶり号 - 弘南バス株式会社". www.konanbus.com. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shichinohe-Towada Station.|
- JR East station information (in Japanese)