Shields Township, Lake County, Illinois
Location in Lake County
Lake County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Gayle Stringer|
|• Total||17.69 sq mi (45.82 km2)|
|• Land||17.68 sq mi (45.79 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||36,612|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Shields Township covers an area of 17.7 square miles (45.8 km2).
Cities and towns
- Waukegan Township (north)
- Moraine Township (southeast)
- West Deerfield Township (south)
- Vernon Township (southwest)
- Libertyville Township (west)
- Warren Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Lake Forest and Saint Marys.
- U.S. Route 41
- Illinois State Route 43
- Illinois State Route 60
- Illinois State Route 131
- Illinois State Route 137
- Illinois State Route 176
Airports and landing strips
- Lake Forest Hospital Heliport
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Shields township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.