|Developer(s)||Redbrick Technologies Inc.|
|Initial release||September 2016|
2.8.0 / April 4, 2018
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS, Linux|
Shift was founded by Redbrick Technologies. As a product development company, many employees at the company were managing multiple email accounts, in addition to web applications and extensions. The team began exploring ways to manage multiple accounts more efficiently, and decided to build Shift.
Shift is compatible with Gmail, Google Inbox, Outlook and Office 365 email accounts. Users can connect up to two email accounts in the free version, and an unlimited number of accounts in each of the two premium versions. This allows users to stay signed in to all connected accounts, including G-suite & Office 365. Advanced users have access to a directory of web applications and extensions inside the Shift interface.
Shift was among the top 3 finalists in the ‘Product of the Year’ category at the VIATEC Awards 2017. According to the tech review site Cnet, “Shift may be the ultimate solution for Gmail users [...].” Product Hunt, TechRepublic and Lifehacker have shared positive reviews of the software. Forbes has listed Shift as one of the essential tools for marketers.
- "Shift 2.1- Released November 16, 2017 - Shift". support.tryshift.com. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "2017 VIATEC Technology Awards". VIATEC. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Two dirt-cheap ways to solve your email hassles". CNET. 2017-01-16. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "Shift - Product Hunt". Product Hunt. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "Shift: The Google email, calendar, and drive client that's almost perfect". TechRepublic. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- Ravenscraft, Eric. "Shift Is a Desktop Email Client That Easily Switches Between Gmail Accounts". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- DeMers, Jayson. "40 Gmail Hacks And Tricks Every Marketer Needs To Know". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- Redbrick Official Website