|Alma mater||Fu Jen Catholic University|
|Occupation||Producer, Director, Writer, Actress, Editor|
Shih-Ching Tsou (Chinese: 鄒時擎) is a Taiwan-born, producer, director, writer, actress, costume designer, and editor. She co-directed the film Take Out with Sean Baker. She also produced Baker's other films: Tangerine, and The Florida Project.
Shih-Ching Tsou is a New York City-based filmmaker. Tsou's first film Take Out which she co-directed, co-wrote, co-produced with Sean Baker. The film had its world premiere at the Slamdance Film Festival on January 18, 2004, then it went on to screen at the Nashville Film Festival where it won Regal Cinemas Dreammaker Award. It was released in a limited release in the United States on June 6, 2008.In 2009, it was nominated for the John Cassavetes award in the Independent Spirit Awards. Tsou went on to work with Baker on his third film, Starlet, as an executive producer and costume designer. The film had its world premiere at SXSW on March 11, 2012. The film was released in a limited release on September 9, 2012 by Music Box Films. It's the winner of the Robert Altman Spirit Award in 2013 Independent Spirit Awards. Baker and Tsou collaborated again on Tangerine, Tsou served as a producer on the film as well as the costume designer, art department and additional camera operator, and made her acting debut in the film, it was filmed completely on iPhone 5s. The film had its world premiere at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival on January 23, 2015. The film was released in a limited release by Magnolia Pictures on July 10, 2015. After Tangerine, Tsou produced Baker's latest feature "The Florida Project", the film premiered in the Directors' Fortnight section of the 2017 Cannes Film Festival, and was theatrically released in the United States on October 6, 2017, by A24. Tsou is currently working on her second feature, Left Handed Girl, a family drama set in a night market in Taipei, Taiwan.
|2004||Take Out||Producer, editor, writer, director|
|2012||Starlet||Executive producer, costume designer|
|2015||Tangerine||Mamasan||Producer, costume designer, additional camera operator|
|2017||The Florida Project||Producer, cameo|
- "Spirit Awards ‘09: 'Take Out' Director Shih-Ching Tsou", IndieWIRE, February 19, 2009, retrieved 2011-03-26
- "Take Out". BoxOfficeMojo.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Hess, Taylor (February 10, 2015). ""I Don't Particularly Like Networking…. I Just Care About Making Good Films": Shih-Ching Tsou on Producing". FilmmakerMagazine.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Starlet". SXSW.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Starlet". MusicBoxFilms.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Marine, Joe (July 23, 2015). "How the Filmmakers Behind Sundance Hit 'Tangerine' Shot on an iPhone & Got Cinematic Results". NoFilmSchool.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Tangerine". Magnolia Pictures. Archived from the original on December 19, 2015. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Lavalee, Eric (November 8, 2012). "IONCINEPHILE of the Month: Sean Baker". IonCinema.com. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- 《奇幻城堡》奧斯卡入圍 台灣製片意外踏上電影路│TVBS新聞網