Shikshan Prasarak Mandali
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Shikshan Prasarak Mandali, Pune, is one of the private educational societies in Maharashtra. It was established in 1883 with the aim of imparting western education in Marathi language but without any help from the then British government. The Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya (NuMaVi) was established by this society in the same year in the memory of Marathi writer and scholar Vishnushastri Chiplunkar. In 1916 it went on to establish the New Poona College (later named as Sir Parshurambhau College) for arts.
The society runs about 40 educational institutions in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya, Pune (est. 1883)
- Sir Parshurambhau College, Pune (est. 1916)
- Haribhai Deokaran High School, Solapur (est. 1918)
- Tilak College of Education, Pune (est. 1941)
- Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai (est. 1937)
- Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- WE School, Mumbai (est. 1977)
SPM English medium school, Pune
- Malik, Yogendra K. (1981). South Asian intellectuals and social change: a study of the role of vernacular-speaking intelligentsia. Heritage. p. 48. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Jadhav, Ashish (23 December 2010). "File cheating case against SPM trustees: City court". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "Pune's SP College set to turn 100, celebrations from Sunday". Pune: The Times of India. 10 June 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Studies, Issue 46. Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. 1965. p. 17. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Sir Stanley Reed (1954). The Times of India Directory and Year Book Including Who's Who. Bennett, Coleman. p. 820. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "आजपासून विष्णुशास्त्री चिपळूणकर स्मृती व्याख्यानमाला" (in Marathi). Mumbai: Navshakti. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "RA Podar College of Commerce and Economics". Hindustan Times. 29 May 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
|This article about a university or college in Maharashtra, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|