Shillelagh, County Wicklow
|Elevation||65 m (213 ft)|
|Irish Grid Reference||S986681|
The town was planned as part of the FitzWilliam estate in the 17th century. .
Shillelagh has a Gaelic Athletic Association team and a soccer team. The team colours are sky blue and navy. Coolattin Golf Club is an 18 hole parkland course, and is situated close to the village Coolattin Cricket Club C  played matches out of Coolattin Park [also used for Wicklow County games] which was about a mile from the Shillelagh RS. Played four matches in first season and were included in index of clubs into 1870s, it was active into the late 1950s
Transport and tourism
Shillelagh railway station opened on 22 May 1865, closed for passenger and goods traffic on 24 April 1944 .
- Historic Wicklow lodge has great potential Article about Coolattin Lodge, a farmhouse on the FitzWilliam estate.
- A Wee Look at the History of County Wicklow Information about the FitzWilliam Estate.
- Shillelagh at Wicklow Tourism
- Shillelagh GAA information at Wicklow GAA
- Street View of Shillelagh on Google Maps
|This article related to the geography of County Wicklow, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|