Shiloh Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.32 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Land||36.24 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||6,596|
|• Density||182.7/sq mi (70.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62864, 62894, 62898|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.32 square miles (94.1 km2), of which 36.24 square miles (93.9 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.19%) is water. The township is centered at 38°21′N 88°59′W (38.344,-88.982). It is transversed north-south by Interstate Route 57 and east-west by Interstate Route 64 and State Route 15.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Rome Township (north)
- Field Township (northeast)
- Mt. Vernon Township (east)
- Dodds Township (southeast)
- McClellan Township (south)
- Casner Township (west)
- Grand Prairie Township (northwest)
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Memorial Garden, New Shiloh, Oddfellows, Old Shiloh, Pleasant Grove, Reynolds, Slade, Sunset Memorial and West Salem.
Airports and landing strips
- Mount Vernon Bullock Heliport
- Peckerwood Lake
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Shiloh Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.