||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
January 3, 1958 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Occupation||Comedian, actor, director, screenwriter, producer|
|Revised Romanization||Sim Hyeongnae|
Shim Hyung-rae (Hangul: 심형래; born January 3, 1958) is a South Korean former-comedian and filmmaker best known for directing the 1999 re-make of Yonggary (Hangul: 용가리) and D-War (Hangul: 디-워), by far the most expensive Korean movie in history. He has often worked with fellow directors Nam Gi-nam (Hangul: 남기남) and Kim Cheong-gi (Hangul: 김청기).
as a producer
- D-War: Mysteries of the Dragon (디워: 미스테리즈 오브 더 드래곤, 디워2, D-War2, Dragon Wars2) (2016)
as a director
- The Last Godfather (라스트 갓파더, The Dumb Mafia) (2010)
- D-War (디 워 Dragon War) (2007)
- Yonggary (용가리 Yong-gari) (1999) (re-released as Yonggary vs. Cycler or 2001 Yonggary in 2001)
- Dragon Tuka (드래곤 투카 Deuraegon Tuka) (1996)
- The Power King (파워킹 Paweo King) (1995)
- Tirano's Claws (티라노의 손톱 Tirano-ui Sontop) (1994)
- Pinky Can (핑크빛 꼴통 Pingkibit Ggol-tong) (1994)
- Young-Goo and Dinosaur Zu-Zu (영구와 공룡 쭈쭈바 Yeong-gu wa gongnyong Jju-jju Bar) (1993)
as an actor
- The Dumb Mafia (라스트 갓파더, The Last Godfather) (2010)
- Ureme 8 (1993)
- An Idiot and a Thief (머저리와 도둑놈 Meojeoriwa Doduknom) (1992)
- Ureme 7: The Return of Ureme (Ulemae 7: Dolaon Ulemae) (1992)
- Spark Man (스파크맨 Seupakeumaen) (1988)
- Slap on the Cheek Several Times (따귀 일곱대 Kka-gwi-ilgopdae) (1987)
- New Machine Uremae 5 (뉴머신 우뢰매 (제5탄) Nyu Meosin Uroemae (Je 5 tan) (1988)
- Wuroemae 4: Thunder V Operation (우뢰매 4탄 썬더브이 출동 Uroemae 4 tan Sseondeo-beu-i) (1987)
- Operation of Alien Uremae (외계에서 온 우뢰매 전격쓰리작전 Oegye-eseo On Uroemae Jeon-gyeongsseurijakjeon) (1987)
- A Journey (여로 Yoro) (1986)
- Wuroemae from the Outside, Part II (외계에서 온 우뢰매 2 Oegye-eseo On Uroemae 2) (1986)
- Wuroemae from the Outside (외계에서 온 우뢰매 Oegye-eseo On Uroemae) (1986)
- Beggar of the Last Year (작년에 왔던 각설이 Jaknyeon-e Watdeon Gakseori) (1985)
- Beggar's Song (각설이 품바타령 Gakseori Pumbataryeong) (1984)
- 2010: Running Man
- Elley, Derek (February 16, 2007). "D-War". Variety (www.varietyasiaonline.com). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Kim, Tae-jong (January 31, 2006). "'D-War' Evolves From Failure of 'Yonggary': Shim". The Korea Times. Archived from the original on 2006-02-07. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Hyung-rae Shim on Internet Movie Database
- Russell, Mark (November 17, 2006). "Korean budget mark soars on back of Shim's dragons: $70 mil 'D-War' price tag opens eyes". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2006-11-25. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Shim Hyung-Rae Finds a Home For His 디워 (D-War) at twitchfilm.net, February 26, 2006.
- "Shim Hyung-Rae Talks About '디워' ('D-War')". www.twitchfilm.net. August 18, 2005. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shim Hyung Rae.|
|This Korean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|