Nikkei 225 Component
Edo (present day Tokyo)
|Headquarters||2-16-1 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8370, Japan|
(CEO and President)
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|JPY) (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|15,616 (consolidated) (As of April 1, 2013)|
Footnotes / references|
Shimizu Corporation (清水建設株式会社 Shimizu Kensetsu Kabushiki-gaisha) is an architectural, civil engineering and general contracting firm. It has annual sales of approximately US $15 billion and has been widely recognized as one of the top 5 contractors in Japan and among the top 20 in the world.
The company is named after its founder Kisuke Shimizu, who was born in Ohane Village, Etchu (now part of Toyama), and has nothing to do with the former city Shimizu in Shizuoka Prefecture. Kisuke Shimizu formed the company in Edo (now Tokyo) in 1804 and the company has been headquartered in Tokyo ever since.
SHIMIZU Corporation is an international general contractor, publicly listed on the Tokyo, Nagoya Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the Nikkei 225 stock index. It has a network spanning Asia, Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa.
- Planning & Consulting
- Development & Financing
- Facility Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Research & Development
- Yoyogi National Gymnasium
- Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line - Aqua-Line tunnel and Umihotaru (an artificial island used as a rest station on the Aqua-Line)
- Bãi Cháy Bridge
- Terminal 3 of the Singapore Changi Airport
- JR Hakata City
- Malaysia–Singapore Second Link
- Bính Bridge
- Luzhou Line (Taipei Metro)
- THSR Tainan Station
- Haneda Airport runway D
- Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower
Dream Megaproject Concepts
- Lunar Solar Power Generation - Luna Ring (generation of electricity using a belt of solar cells around the lunar equator)
- TRY2025 The Environmental Island - Green Float (botanical city concept)
- Shimizu Mega-City Pyramid (a massive pyramid over Tokyo Bay)
- Inter Cell City (a sustainable, environmentally conscious city)
- Space Hotel (space tourism)
- Lunar Bases
- Urban Geo-Grid Plan (coordination of facilities above ground and underground for increased efficiency)
- Desert Aqua-Net Plan (desert canals)
- Ocean Spiral (underwater city)
- "Corporate Profile". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- Shimizu, Hiroshi (2008). Japanese Firms in Contemporary Singapore. NUS Press. p. 154. ISBN 978-9971-69-384-8.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Services". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Projects". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "The Luna Ring concept". NASA. Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Lunar Solar Power Generation -LUNA RING-". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "Ocean Spiral" (in Japanese). Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "City of the future sinks into the ocean". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- "Desert Aqua-Net Plan". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- "The Environmental Island -GREEN FLOAT-". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shimizu Corporation.|
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|