|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shimofukawa Station building (May 29, 2005).
|Location||Asakita, Hiroshima, Hiroshima
|Operated by||JR West|
|Opened||April 28, 1915|
Shimofukawa Station (下深川駅 Shimo-Fukawa-eki?) is a JR West Geibi Line station located in 5-chōme, Fukawa, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. This is the largest of the three Fukawa stations on the Geibi Line, and handles many trains daily.
The current station building was built sometime during the Japanese National Railways era. An automatic ticket gate was installed in 2007.
- April 28, 1915: Shimofukawa Station opens
- April 1, 1987: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Shimofukawa Station becomes a JR West station
Station building and platforms
Shimofukawa Station features one island-style platform capable of handling two lines simultaneously. The platform is located inside an old canal, with the station building located above the tracks on the north bank, overlooking the tracks and the enclosed footbridge which passes overhead the tracks. Shimofukawa Station is operated privately under contract with JR West. The station features a Green Window.
- Seizan Park (西山公園)
- Terasaku Park (寺迫公園)
- Asakita-ku Sports Center
- JR West Kabe Line Nakashima Station (1.5km northwest)
- JR West Kabe Line Kamiyagi Station (2km west)
- Hiroshima Municipal Kamezaki Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Magame Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Kamezaki Junior High School
- Hiroshima Municipal Ochiai Junior High School
- Misasa River (三篠川)
- Ōta River (太田川)
- Japan National Route 54
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 37 (Hiroshima-Miyoshi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 70 (Hiroshima-Nakashima Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 177 (Shimosa Higashi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 240 (Kabe Teishajō Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 270 (Yagi-Midorii Route)
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Miyoshi Express (#1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- No stop
- Miyoshi Express (#3, 4)
- Commuter Liner
- Miyoshi Liner/Local
- (Japanese) JR West