Shimoga Subbanna (Kannada: ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗ ಸುಬ್ಬಣ್ಣ; born as G. Subramanya on 14 December 1938) is a Sugama Sangeetha singer and playback singer in the Kannada language. He received a national award for singing for the song Kaadu Kudure Odi Banditta in the film Kaadu Kudure. He is the first Kannadiga to win National Award for playback singing. Apart from being an exemplary singer and musician, he is also an advocate and a notary public.
Awards and honors
- National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer in 1979 
- Kannada Kampu award in 2006 
- Honorary doctorate from Kuvempu University in 2008 
- Sundarashri Award in 2009 
- "Karnataka / Bangalore News : ‘A synonym for melody and affability’". The Hindu. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Friday Review Bangalore / Events : Songbird’s story". The Hindu. 2009-01-02. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Karnataka / Shimoga News : ‘Instil love for classical music among children’". The Hindu. 2009-02-02. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Karnataka / Bangalore News : Award for C. Ashwath". The Hindu. 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Karnataka / Shimoga News : Four get honorary doctorate from Kuvempu varsity". The Hindu. 2008-02-24. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- [dead link]
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|