|Alma mater||University of New Haven, Business and Public Administration|
|Occupation||Founder and President of RSLB|
Shimon Sheves (Born: 16 March 1952, Petach-Tiqwa, Israel) Former General Director of the Israeli Prime Minister's office under the late Yizhak Rabin, during 1992 - 1995. Sheves now serves as a political strateic advisor to governments and to political leaders around the world. He was Chairman of RSLB, a company owned jointly by Sheves, former Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Chief of Staff the late Amnon Lipkin Shahak, Yuval Rabin, son of Yitzhak Rabin and Israeli businessman Gil Berger.
Sheves began his political career in local politics on the Golan Heights. He was the founder, Secretary and Farm Director of an Afik, Chairman of the Golan Heights Economic Development Company, Chairman of the Golan Heights Settlements Committee and the Deputy to the Head of the Golan Regional Council.
In 1984, Sheves began his long relationship with Rabin when the latter, then the Minister of Defense of Israel, appointed him as his personal and political assistant. Sheves filled that role for six years, and during that time he was in charge of the Jewish settlements on the West Bank and of developing national infrastructure.
In the second half of the 1980s, Sheves was asked to sit on the board of several governmental companies and national bodies, including Israel Land Administration, Israel Aerospace Industries and Israeli Military Industries. He also chaired the committee to advance and integrate the Arab, Bedouin and Druze minorities in the Israeli society.
Leading up to the 1992 elections, Sheves was appointed to manage the campaign for the Labor Party, headed by Rabin. Labor won the most seats in the Knesset in these elections, and Rabin was appointed to form the Israeli government. Once Prime Minister he made Sheves Director General of the Prime Minister's Office.
On November 4, 1995, Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated at the end of a rally in support of the Oslo Accords, dubbed "Yes to Peace, No to Violence". The assassin was Yigal amir, a radical Jew who opposed the peace process.
Rabin's funeral was held on November 6, 1995. In attendance were representatives from 78 countries, including 23 kings and presidents and 22 prime ministers. Shimon Sheves was one of the eulogizers. Others were the then-United States President Bill Clinton, the then-Israeli President Ezer Weizman, the then-acting Prime Minister Shimon Peres, King Hussein of Jordan and others. After Rabin's murder Sheves decided to quit Israeli politics.
In the year of 2000 the district court has charged him and sentenced Sheves for two years in prison, one year of parole and 50,000NIS fine. Both him and the general attorney has appealed, and in 2003 the supreme court of Israel has cleared his sentence. The state had appealed again so the supreme court has charged him on 30/Nov/2004 for breach of trust as a government employee in two separated affairs.
Shimon Sheves is the Chairman of RSLB, an American company whose offices are located in Washington, D.C. RSLB assists and advises Israeli businesspeople and business owners who are interested in getting into the American market, and works in cooperation with international and transnational bodies, such as The World Bank, EXIM and IADB.
Sheves is also active in private international businesses in Europe and the United States. Since 2002, Sheves has been serving as a political and economic advisor to governments as well as to leaders in Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, Serbia and the United States. He also advises on economic issues and cyber security to large multinational corporations. On March 10, 2016, he was indicted in absentia by Romanian National Anticorruption Directorate, on charges regarding the unlawful recovery of Paul-Philippe Hohenzollern's inheritance.
His public activity also includes helping Israeli voluntary associations involved in promoting democratic debate in Israel and helping the less fortunate.
- , Yuval Rabin, Shimon Sheves, Amnon Lipkin-Shahak, and Gil Birger became the first non-Americans to lobby the US administration on behalf of foreign countries.
- Hoberman, Haggai (2008). Keneged Kol HaSikuim [Against All Odds] (in Hebrew) (1st ed.). Sifriat Netzaim. p. 252.
- , Shimon Sheves Eulogy on prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.
- , Israeli supreme court case file 1397/03. the state of Israel vs. Shimon Sheves
- "Shimon Sheves - A Public Life of Service | Cyber Talk Blog by Shimon Sheves". www.cybertalkblog.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- "Bombă aruncată de DNA: Se cere arestarea a patru afaceriști extrem de influenţi". antena3. 10 March 2016.
- "Shimon Sheves won't be charged in Romania corruption case". Retrieved 2016-09-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shimon Sheves.|
- Shimon Sheves - Businessman
- Who Is Shimon Sheves
- Rabin Funeral- Eulogy by Shimon Sheves
- Shimon Sheves: The Israeli Middle Class Protests Must End With New Political Ruling Party
- Shimon Sheves LookUp page
- Former Rabin associate says incitement in Israel now worse than lead-up to assassination
- 20 years on, Rabin’s right-hand man regrets arguments won, and lost
- Shimon Sheves Blog