|This article does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sanyō Main Line tracks
|Location||11-1, Akineminami-machi 1-chome, Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi
|Operated by||JR West|
|Previous names||Ichinomiya; Nagato-Ichinomiya (until 1975)|
|Passengers (2009)||4,958 daily|
- West Japan Railway Company (JR West)
- San'yō Shinkansen
- San'yō Main Line
San'yō Shinkansen has one island platform, one side platform with a prepared track layer and two through tracks without platforms. All of them are elevated. San'yō Main Line has two side platforms and one siding track without platform. All of them are on ground. Two lines cross spatially.
|1||■San'yō Shinkansen (down, westbound)||for Kokura, Hakata, Kagoshima-chuo (Only Kodama and Sakura which start or end at this station use. )|
|2||■San'yō Shinkansen(down)||for Kokura, Hakata, Kagoshima-chuo|
|3||■San'yō Shinkansen(up)||for Hiroshima, Shin-Ōsaka|
|San'yō Main Line|
|4||■San'yō Main Line (up)||for Asa, Shin-Yamaguchi|
|6||■San'yō Main Line (down)||for Shimonoseki|
Track 5 has no platform.
- 27 May 1901: San'yo Railway opened Asa - Bakan. This station was opened as Ichinomiya (一ノ宮) station. It was located near the Sumiyoshi shrine (住吉神社) which is also called Nagato Ichinomiya (長門一宮).
- 1 December 1906: San'yo railway was nationalized.
- 1 January 1916: Station name was changed to Nagato-Ichinomiya (長門一ノ宮).
- 19 November 1928: The station was moved to today's location, according to the route change of San'yo main line between Chōfu and Shimonoseki.
- 10 March 1975: Sanyo Shinkansen was opened and station name was changed to Shin-shimonoseki.
- 1 April 1987: Privatization of JNR.
West Japan Railway (JR West)
Mizuho: Does not stop at this station
|Sanyō Main Line|
Some Hikari and Sakura Shinkansen trains pass this station.
Main sightseeing spots and institutions
- You me town Shin-Shimonoseki (open schedule in 2009)
- Sumiyoshi shrine(National treasure)
- Bus company (A loop-line bus in the city.)
- Sanden Kohtsu Co.,Ltd.
- Shin-Shimonoseki Station(Japanese)