This article does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sanyō Main Line tracks
|Location||1-11-1 Akineminami-machi, Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi
|Operated by||JR West|
|Previous names||Ichinomiya; Nagato-Ichinomiya (until 1975)|
|Passengers (FY2009)||4,958 daily|
Shin-Shimonoseki Station (新下関駅 Shin-Shimonoseki eki) is a railway station on the Sanyo Shinkansen and Sanyo Main Line, operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West) in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi, Japan.
Shin-Shimonoseki Station is served by the following JR West lines:
The Sanyo Shinkansen has one island platform, one side platform with a prepared track layer and two through tracks without platforms. All of them are elevated. The Sanyo Main Line has two side platforms and one siding track without platform. All of them are on ground. Two lines cross spatially.
|1||■Sanyō Shinkansen (down, westbound)||for Kokura, Hakata, Kagoshima-chuo (Only Kodama and Sakura which start or end at this station use. )|
|2||■Sanyō Shinkansen(down)||for Kokura, Hakata, Kagoshima-chuo|
|3||■Sanyō Shinkansen(up)||for Hiroshima, Shin-Ōsaka|
|San'yō Main Line|
|4||■Sanyō Main Line (up)||for Asa, Shin-Yamaguchi|
|6||■Sanyō Main Line (down)||for Shimonoseki|
Track 5 has no platform.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 27 May 1901: The Sanyo Railway opened Asa - Bakan. This station was opened as Ichinomiya (一ノ宮) station. It was located near the Sumiyoshi shrine (住吉神社) which is also called Nagato Ichinomiya (長門一宮).
- 1 December 1906: Sanyo railway was nationalized.
- 1 January 1916: Station name was changed to Nagato-Ichinomiya (長門一ノ宮).
- 19 November 1928: The station was moved to today's location, according to the route change of Sanyo Main Line between Chōfu and Shimonoseki.
- 10 March 1975: Sanyo Shinkansen was opened and station name was changed to Shin-shimonoseki.
- 1 April 1987: Privatization of JNR.
Mizuho: Does not stop at this station
|Sanyō Main Line|
Some Hikari and Sakura Shinkansen trains pass this station.
Main sightseeing spots and institutions
- Sumiyoshi shrine (National treasure)
- Bus company (A loop-line bus in the city.)
- Sanden Kohtsu Co.,Ltd.
- Shin-Shimonoseki Station(in Japanese)