The Station building on the first day of operations in March 2015
|Location||1790-2 Shimokuroda, Takaoka, Toyama
|Operated by||JR West|
|Line(s)||Hokuriku Shinkansen, Jōhana Line|
Shin-Takaoka Station (新高岡駅 Shin-takaoka-eki?, lit. "New Takaoka Station") is an interchange railway station on the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen line and Jōhana Line in Takaoka, Toyama, Japan, operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West). It opened on 14 March 2015, coinciding with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano to Kanazawa.
Shin-Takaoka Station is served by the Jōhana Line and the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen line from Tokyo to Kanazawa, and is located 305.8 km from the official starting point of the line at Takasaki. Semi-fast Hakutaka Tokyo-to-Kanazawa services and all-stations Tsurugi Toyama-to-Kanazawa shuttle services stop at Shin-Takaoka.
The station consists of elevated platforms for the Hokuriku Shinkansen running east to west, with exits on the north and south sides. The Jōhana Line platform is located at ground level, running north to south on the west side of the station complex. A west exit is also provided to the west of the Jōhana Line platforms.
The single-track Jōhana Line is served by an un-numbered ground-level side platform.
|1||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Toyama, Nagano and Tokyo|
|2||■ Hokuriku Shinkansen||for Kanazawa|
The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|Kagayaki: Does not stop at this station|
Although provisionally named Shin-Takaoka Station from its conception, the name was formally finalized and announced in June 2013. A public survey was conducted in 2012, with the following names put forward.
- Manyō-Takaoka (万葉高岡?) (173 votes)
- Shin-Takaoka (新高岡?) (163 votes)
- Etchū-Takaoka (越中高岡?) (107 votes)
- Takaoka-Manyō (高岡万葉?) (59 votes)
- Takaoka (高岡?) (43 votes)
The name Shin-Takaoka was however ultimately selected by JR West.
- Takaoka Station (on the Ainokaze Toyama Railway Line, approximately 1 km away)
- Zuiryū-ji Temple, a 15-minute walk away
- Aeon Mall Takaoka
- National Route 156
- 北陸新幹線延伸開業区間新駅ガイド [Guide to new stations on the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 44 no. 371. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. March 2015. p. 20.
- 新高岡駅（仮称名）周辺整備事業 [Shin-Takaoka Station vicinity redevelopment project] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: City of Takaoka. March 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- 北陸新幹線 発車メロディの決定について [Departure melodies chosen for Hokuriku Shinkansen]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company. 9 December 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- 北陸新幹線 新駅の駅名などについて [Details of new Hokuriku Shinkansen station names] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- 新幹線カウントダウン事業 [Shinkansen Countdown Project] (in Japanese). Japan: City of Takaoka. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- ＪＲ新高岡駅が起工 [Work starts on JR Shin-Takaoka Station]. Asahi Shimbun Digital (in Japanese). Japan: The Asahi Shimbun Company. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shin-Takaoka Station.|
- JR West station information (Japanese)