|Role||Air-sea rescue amphibian|
|First flight||18 December 2003|
|Introduction||30 March 2007|
|Primary user||Japan Maritime Self Defense Force|
|Number built||4 (3 expected)|
|Developed from||ShinMaywa US-1A|
Design and development
|This section requires expansion. (November 2013)|
The Indian Navy is interested to buy between 15 to 18 US-2 Amphibious Search and Rescue aircraft at cost of $1.65 billion. It is expected that these amphibious aircraft will be stationed in the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- Crew: 11
- Capacity: 20 passengers or 12 stretchers
- Length: 33.46 m (109 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 33.15 m (108 ft 9 in)
- Height: 9.8 m (32 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 135.8 m2 (1,462 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 25,630 kg (56,504 lb)
- Gross weight: 43,000 kg (94,799 lb) water take-off
- Max takeoff weight: 47,700 kg (105,160 lb) land take-off
- Powerplant: 4 × Rolls-Royce AE 2100J turboprop, 3,424 kW (4,592 hp) each
- Powerplant: 1 × LHTEC T800 turboshaft Boundary layer control compressor, 1,017 kW (1,364 hp)
- Propellers: 6-bladed Dowty R414
- Maximum speed: 560 km/h (348 mph; 302 kn)
- Cruising speed: 480 km/h (298 mph; 259 kn) at 6,000 m (20,000 ft)
- Range: 4,700 km (2,920 mi; 2,538 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 7,195 m (23,606 ft)
- Takeoff distance on ground at MTOW: 490 m (1,610 ft)
- Landing distance on ground at MTOW: 1,500 m (4,900 ft)
- Takeoff distance on water at Loaded weight: 280 m (920 ft)
- Landing distance on water at Loaded weight: 330 m (1,080 ft)
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- "For First Time Since World War 2, Japan Will Sell Military Equipment. To India.". NDTV.com. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- CHANDRA, ATUL (4 Sep 2014). "India looks to acquire 18 ShinMaywa US-2 amphibians". http://www.flightglobal.com/. Bangalore: Reed Business Information. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Performance of the State-of-the-Art US-2:US-2 Specifications". www.shinmaywa.co.jpl. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Lake, Jon (November 2005). "ShinMaywa's Innovative Amphibian". Air International (Stamford: Key Publishing) 69 (5): 26–30. ISSN 0306-5634.
- "US-2:STOL Search and Rescue Amphibian" (PDF). www.shinmaywa.co.jp. ShinMaywa. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ShinMaywa US-2.|
- MAST Asia 2015
- ShinMaywa US-2 site
- US-2 Brochure
- ShinMaywa launches commercial production of US-2 STOL Search and Rescue Amphibians - ShinMaywa news release
- ShinMaywa delivers first production type of "US-2" STOL Search and Rescue Amphibians to Japan's Ministry of Defense - ShinMaywa news release
- 71st Flight Squadron (in Japanese) JMSDF Iwakuni air base
- 71st Flight Squadron (in Japanese) JMSDF Atsugi air base