This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Read literally, the characters in Shinbashi mean "new bridge".
The area was the site of a bridge built across the Shiodome River in 1604. The river was later filled in. Shinbashi was the Tokyo terminus of the first railway in Japan in 1872. It remains a major railway hub and has since developed into a commercial center, most recently with the construction of the Shiodome "Shiosite" high-rise office complex.
Places in Shinbashi
- Reconstructed Shimbashi Station, which now houses a museum and restaurant.
- Shiodome Shiosite high-rise commercial complex.
- Nakagin Capsule Tower modular commercial-residential high-rise.
The Shiodome City Center building in Shiodome includes the corporate headquarters and public and investor relations offices of Fujitsu, the headquarters of All Nippon Airways, and the headquarters of ANA subsidiaries Air Nippon and ANA & JP Express. In addition ANA subsidiary Air Japan has some offices in Shiodome City Center. In the late 1960s All Nippon Airways had its headquarters in the Hikokan Building in Shinbashi.
Other companies in Shinbashi include:
- Kyodo News
- Nippon Television
- Panasonic Electric Works (Tokyo head office)
- Shimbashi Station (Ginza Line, Keihin-Tohoku Line, Toei Asakusa Line, Yamanote Line, Yokosuka Line, Yurikamome)
- Shiodome Station (Toei Oedo Line, Yurikamome)
- JAPAN THIS! March 26, 2013 Retrieved September 20, 2015
- "Fujitsu's Corporate Headquarters Archived 2006-04-27 at the Wayback Machine." Fujitsu. Retrieved on February 4, 2009.
- "Principal Offices." All Nippon Airways. Retrieved on December 22, 2008.
- "ANA City Offices/Ticketing Offices Japan Archived 2009-03-04 at the Wayback Machine." All Nippon Airways. Retrieved on December 22, 2008.
- "Company Profile Archived 2009-02-26 at the Wayback Machine." ANA & JP Express. Retrieved on February 11, 2009.
- "会社概要." Air Nippon. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.
- "Company Guide." Air Japan. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.
- "World Airline Survey." Flight Global. April 10, 1969. 559.
- Media related to Shinbashi, Tokyo at Wikimedia Commons
- Shinbashi, Tokyo travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Tokyo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|