Shinobido: Tales of the Ninja
||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (September 2013)|
|Shinobido: Tales of the Ninja|
European cover art
|Genre(s)||Stealth action, hack and slash|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, ad hoc multiplayer|
Shinobido: Tales of the Ninja is the sequel to Shinobido: Way of the Ninja. The game engine of both titles are very similar, and by using a USB cable, players can import their custom missions created with the mission editor from the console version onto the portable version. All the story missions were created with the mission editor. A North American version was to be released as Shinobido Homura: Soul of the Ninja but was cancelled.
The general gameplay is very similar to the console version with a few differences. Unlike its predecessor, the game does not feature a mission generator which allowed players to choose an allegiance with a warlord. Instead a map is traversed which lets the player select missions. By completing missions new missions and playable characters are unlocked.
Due to the difference in the control scheme compared to Way of the Ninja, this version only allows four items to be accessed directly. The second set of items and the item inventory were removed completely which could render a player's own custom missions unplayable, if not re-edited with the limitations in mind.
The game includes an ad hoc multiplayer mode which allows multiple players to compete against each other on preset maps or the maps from their custom missions.
After the events of the previous game, the Asuka Ninja successfully rebuilt the Asuka Village. The story starts when Goh receives a letter from Sadame stating that Akame hires Kabuto to steal her documents, and she said that she was surprised that Kabuto is still alive. Goh heads to Akame Residence to retrieve it. Diving deeper to the game, Ichijo plans to marry the daughter of the neighboring fedual lord, Princess Azami, but the lord will only accept, if Goh eliminates the Kenobi Ninja that's scaring the townfolks. The lord will accept Ichijo's proposal, when Goh finish the given task. On the wedding day, mysterious bandits attack Ichijo, but were stopped by Goh, so Ichijo sends Goh to investigate. Goh soon found at that the three samurai generals have been betraying Ichijo, he captures one of the generals, and he finds out that Miroku, Sadame's priestess, was responsible on the wedding incident, and the documents he retrieves from Akame, was Sadame's diaries stating that the Amuritha Faith is just her creation. Goh heads to Miroku's convent, and defeats her, then Goh suddenly vanishes. In the morning, Zaji and Kinu search for Goh at the convent, but they find nothing but dead bodies of Miroku and her followers. Kinu, in a sad voice, says that 'he left us again', Zaji turns back and searches the convent once more.
- Goh "The Crow" - The main character and protagonist of Shinobido, he was entrusted by lord Ichijo to protect Utakata, he retrieved Lady Sadame's diaries, and later in the game, he guards Ichijo's wedding. Later in the game, he finds out that the Amuritha Faith is just a creation of Sadame, and her priestess Miroku was responsible for sending the attackers on Ichijo's wedding. He face and defeated Miroku, and then disappeared mysteriously.
- Kinu "The Canary" - A young kunoichi, also a member of the Asuka Ninja, she will help Goh, in some mission, later in the game, Usuba sents her a request letter, one of her ninjas in having an ill, so Kinu help her. On the last mission, Kinu searched for Goh, in the convent but they found nothing, and she said that Goh lefts them again.
- Zaji "The Hawk" - Became the leader of the Asuka Clan after the defeat of Gamuran, he will help Goh in some missions. On the last mission of the game. Zaji and Kinu searched for Goh in Miroku's convent, but there's no sign of him, and Kinu saying that Goh left them again, Zaji return and searched the convent once more.
- Usuba - Leader of the Mosu Ninja, since her two sister died, Usuba decided not to execute Goh and leaves to have her sisters a proper burial, later in the story, the sword the killed Gamuran is missing and the tracks led Goh and Kinu in Usuba's hometown. In one of the mission, Usuba send a request letter to Kinu, that one of her ninjas was ill, and she promised that the Mosu Ninjas will be her aid.
- Uzumushi - Leader of the Kenobi Ninja, later in the story, the father of Princess Azami said that the Kenobi Ninja is scaring the townfolks, he request Goh to eliminate the Kenobi Ninjas, if Goh completes the task, he will agree on Ichijo purpose to marry her daughter. Uzumushi didn't die, he was forced to leave
- Hebintobo 2 - Brother of Hebintobo from the previous game, he planned to attack a village, and was later killed by Goh
- Kabuto - Leader of the Taraba Ninja, he stole the diaries of Sadame
- Gamuran - he was the Asuka's ancient enemy, he was the main antagonist of the previous game, and he return in Goh's dream
- Lady Sadame - Leader of Amuritha Faith, and a competitor for the rule of Utakata, she sents Goh to retrieve her stolen document, that later revealed her diary, stating that Amuritha Faith is just a creation of hers
- Nobuteru Ichijo current fedual lord of Utakata, he maintains closee relationship with Goh
- Kagetora Akame - Lord of the Fudo Province, also one of the competitor of for the rule of Utakata, he sents Kabuto to steal Sadame's diaries
- Princess Azami - Wife of Nobuteru Ichijo, she was kidnapped by elite warriors
- Miroku- the main antagonist of the game, one of Sadame's priestess, she plans to assassinate Ichijo, and convince three his samurai general to betray Ichijo and join forces
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|