Shinrinkōen Station (Saitama)
The south entrance in August 2012
|Location||3977-1 Haneo, Namegawa-machi, Hiki-gun, Saitama-ken 355-0811
|Operated by||Tobu Railway|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Distance||52.6 km from Ikebukuro|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Opened||1 March 1971|
|Passengers||14,123 per day (FY2014)|
Shinrin-kōen Station (森林公園駅? Shinrin-kōen-eki, lit. "Forest park Station") is a railway station on the Tobu Tojo Line in Namegawa, Saitama, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway.
Shinrin-kōen Station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo. Located between Higashi-Matsuyama and Tsukinowa, it is 52.6 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. All services, (TJ Liner, Rapid express, Rapid, Express, Semi express, Local) stop at this station. During the daytime, the station is served by eight trains per hour in each direction.
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks, with the station building located above the platforms.
|1/2||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Musashi-Ranzan, Ogawamachi, and Yorii|
|3/4||■ Tobu Tojo Line||for Higashi-Matsuyama, Kawagoe, and Ikebukuro
Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Yokohama
Minatomirai Line for Motomachi-Chukagai
Facilities and accessibility
Toilet facilities are located on both platforms. Escalator (up only) and lift access is provided to and from the platforms.
|Tobu Tojo Line|
|Higashi-Matsuyama||TJ Liner||Tsukinowa[Note 1]|
- Morning up services start at Shinrin-koen.
The station opened on 1 March 1971.
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Shinrin-kōen Station becoming "TJ-30".
In fiscal 2014, the station was used by an average of 14,123 passengers daily.
- List of railway stations in Japan
- Shinrin-Kōen Station (Hokkaido), JR Hokkaido station with similar name
- "Shinrinkōen Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published March 2016
- 「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- 駅情報（乗降人員） [Station information: Passenger figures] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- 籠原駅・熊谷・森林公園駅・坂戸駅⇔羽田空港 [Kagohara/Kumagaya/Shinrinkoen/Sakado - Haneda Airport]. Airport Limousine (in Japanese). Japan: Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shinrin-kōen Station.|
- Official website (Japanese)