February 24, 1978|
Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, record producer|
|Associated acts||Dir En Grey, La:Sadie's, SERAPH|
Shinya (born February 24, 1978 in Osaka) is a Japanese musician, best known as the drummer of the metal band Dir En Grey. He has been with the band since its inception in 1997 and was previously a member of La:Sadie's. Along with Kaoru, Shinya is one of the two members that do not use a stage name. Shinya has composed a handful of songs for Dir En Grey, his compositions alternating between melodic ("Hotarubi", "Fukai") and upbeat tunes ("Raison Detre", "Umbrella").
Shinya was born on February 24, 1978 in Hirakata, Osaka. In 1995 he helped form and joined La:Sadie's. La:Sadie's disbanded in 1997. Later that year, he joined Dir en grey. In 1999, Dir en grey made their major debut. He has been with the band since its inception.
CD Albums that have influenced his music:
- Aion - Absolute
- Amphibian - Doppelganger
- Buck-Tick - Kurutta Taiyou
- The Cardigans - Gran Turismo
- Creature Creature- Light & Lust
- Date of Birth - Date of Birth
- Delerium - Chimera
- D'erlanger - La Vie En Rose
- Charlotte & Gainsbourg - "Lemon Incest"
- Gargoyle - Furebumi
- Honeydip - Groovy Indian Summer
- Kamaitachi - I Love You
- Kuroyuri Shimai - Saigo wa Tenshi to Kiku Shizumu Sekai no Hane no Kioku
- Luna Sea - Luna Sea
- Malice Mizer - Voyage ~Sans Retour~
- Maschera (band) - Akutoku no Sakae
- Merry Go Round - -S-
- Akina Nakamori - Best II
- Miki Nakatani - Shiseikatsu
- Personz - No More Tears
- QueenAdreena - Drink Me
- Ling Tosite Sigure - Inspiration is Dead
- Scare Crow - Risshun
- Siam Shade - Siam Shade
- Sugizo - Truth?
- Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May
- Virus - Materials
- Within Temptation - The Heart of Everything
- X - Jealousy
- Zi:Kill - Close Dance
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
With Dir En Grey, Shinya has used Ludwig, Yamaha and Pearl drums in that order. He has used Istanbul Agop Alchemy cymbals until the mid 2000s when he switched to Sabian cymbals. Pearl also developed his signature model drumsticks. Shinya has also designed his own signature series drumstick with Pearl. The sticks are made of hickory and painted in white.
- DIR EN GREY BASS & DRUMS BOOK feat. Toshiya & Shinya. Shinko Music. 2010-03-10. ISBN 978-4401633999.