Shiomachi Station building.
(See other stations in Hiroshima)
|Opened||April 22, 1930|
|Former name||Takō Station|
|Line(s)||Fukuen Line, Geibi Line|
Shiomachi Station (塩町駅 Shiomachi-eki?) is a JR West Geibi and Fukuen Line station located in Wachi-chō, Miyoshi, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. This station should not be confused with other stations of similar-sounding name on the Geibi Line: Shimowachi, Shiwachi, and Shiwaguchi.
- 1930-04-22: Takō Station opens as part of the Geibi Railway.
- 1933-06-01: The Geibi Railway is nationalized and becomes part of the Shōbara Line
- 1934-01-01: The station name is changed to Shiomachi Station. Until this time, the present Kamisugi Station had been known as Shiomachi Station
- 1987-04-01: Japan National Railways is privatized, and Shiomachi Station becomes a JR West station
Station building and platform
Shiomachi Station features one raised platform and an island platform, connected by an underground access tunnel completed in 1984. A taxi company located in front of the station sells train tickets via an automated ticket vending machine as well as other goods. The station building features old-style wooden shingles. The station features a kumitorishiki benjo (basically an "indoor outhouse" attached to the building).
- Platform 1: Geibi Line (toward Bingo Shōbara Station), Fukuen Line (toward Fuchū Station)
- Platform 2: Geibi Line (toward Miyoshi Station)
- Shiomachi Post Office
- Basen River
- Miyoshi Municipal Shiomachi Junior High
- Miyoshi Seiryō High School
- Japan National Route 184
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 225 (Shiomachi Taishajō Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 430 (Itoi Shiomachi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 431 (Wachi Shiomachi Route)
All lines are JR West lines. All Fukuen Line trains continue on to Miyoshi Station.
- Geibi Line
- Shimowachi Station — Shiomachi Station — Kamisugi Station
- Fukuen Line
- Mirasaka Station — Shiomachi Station — Kamisugi Station
- (Japanese) JR West