|Traded as||TYO: 4507
Nikkei 225 Component
|Industry||Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals|
|Founded||Osaka, Japan (March 17, 1878 )|
|Founder||Gisaburo Shiono, Sr.|
|Headquarters||1-8, Doshomachi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0045, Japan|
|Revenue|| $ 3.009 billion USD (FY 2012)
(¥ 282.904 billion JPY) (FY 2012)
| $709.79 million USD (FY 2012)
(¥ 66.728 billion JPY) (FY 2012)
Number of employees
|Consolidated : 6,082|
|Footnotes / references
Shionogi & Company, Limited (塩野義製薬株式会社 Shionogi Seiyaku Kabushiki Kaisha?) is a Japanese pharmaceutical company best known for developing Crestor. Medical supply and brand name also uses Shionogi ("シオノギ").
In Japan it is particularly known as a producer of antimicrobial and antibiotics. Because of antibiotic resistance and slow growth of the antibiotic market, it has teamed up with US based Schering-Plough to become a sole marketing agent for its products in Japan.
Shionogi had supported the initial formation of Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, a generic manufacturer based in India. In 2012 the company became a partial owner of ViiV Healthcare, a pharmaceutical company specialising in the development of therapies for HIV.
- Claritin, An anti-histamine marketed in alliance with Schering-Plough.
- Crestor, cholesterol drug
- Nitrazepam, a short-term treatment for insomnia.
- Differin, a topical retinoid for acne.
- Moxifloxacin, antibacterial antiseptic that treats a number of infections
- Cymbalta, an SNRI class anti-depressant, marketed in alliance with Eli Lilly
- Osphena, an estrogen receptor agonist
- Shionogi has a close relationship with Fuji Television Network, Inc., because Shionogi is the sponsor of "Music Fair" (as of 2016, aired on 17 TV stations including TV Oita System Co.) started in 1964.
- Shionogi was a main sponsor of Team Lotus during the age 1991/1994.
- "Shionogi Company Profile". Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- "Shionogi Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- "Shionogi and ViiV Healthcare announce new agreement to commercialise and develop integrase inhibitor portfolio". viivhealthcare.com. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Perry, Alan. "Sponsor Company Profiles". Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Official Website (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|