||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Area served||United States, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia|
|Founder(s)||Laura Behrens Wu
Shippo is an American software company that helps e-commerce businesses, online marketplaces, and platforms integrate shipping with multiple carriers through their API and web application. Shippo allowing users to compare shipping rates, create labels, and track parcels. Some of their customers and partners include Weebly, GoDaddy, Memebox, Shyp, Mercari, Stripe, Sellbrite, and Snapfulfil. As of September 2016, Shippo has raised $9 million in funding led by Union Square Ventures and SoftTechVC.
Shippo was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. and has 10,000 businesses using their system. They send millions of packages to and from 196 countries around the world.
Shippo provides an API, web interface, as well as direct integrations with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Etsy, Magento, Bigcommerce, Weebly, GoDaddy, and Stripe. Shippo aggregates all of its customers’ packages through their own account with carriers to get discounted rates, which they then pass onto customers. They help businesses generate shipping labels, as well as support for address validation, multi-carrier support, API tracking, batch label creation, discounts and international shipping. Shippo also partners with supply chain management systems such as Sellbrite, Selro, and Snapfulfil, as well as payment systems like Stripe.
Shippo started as an API then built their own app and dashboard for platforms such as Shopify and Magento to gain traction, with their core focus continuing to be the API. Their vision is to provide small online businesses the same discounts that larger retailers would get with major carriers, such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL. In March 2016, Shippo became a United States Postal Service ePostage partner alongside Amazon and Etsy, making them the first to launch ePostage for public access and one of the only publicly available USPS API connectors. Shippo is often highlighted as part of studies in logistics and delivery methods.
Laura Behrens Wu is the CEO and co-founder of Shippo. She and co-founder, Simon Kreuz, are both part of Forbes' 30 Under 30 2017 Enterprise Technology list. and Wu was featured in the 2016 LinkedIn Next Wave: Top Professionals 35 & Under list.
Shippo participated in Plug and Play's StartupCamp in January 2014 and was part of 500 Startups Batch 8. In 2014, they raised $2 million in seed funding led by SoftTechVC. Jeff Clavier, Managing Partner of SoftTechVC, also sat on Shippo's Board of Directors. On September 2016, Shippo announced a Series A round of $7 million led by Union Square Ventures with Albert Wenger joining their board, as Jeff Clavier steps off.
- Kokalitcheva, Kia (18 Sep 2014). "Shippo grabs $2M for its shipping API for small businesses". VentureBeat. Retrieved 17 Nov 2015.
- Lawler, Ryan (18 Sep 2014). "Shippo Raises $2 Million To Provide A Shipping API For E-Commerce Businesses". TechCrunch. Retrieved 17 Nov 2015.
- Volkman, Elliot. "SoftTech VC Pumps $2 Million Into Shippo". TechCo. TechCo. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Shippo. "Union Square Ventures Leads Series A Investment in Shippo". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Shippo raises $7 million to further its goal of being Twilio for shipping". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Shippo Partners with Stripe and Sellbrite". www.webretailer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Tamebay : Blog : Shippo and Sellbrite join forces to grease the wheels of ecommerce". tamebay.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Shippo. "Snapfulfil Partners with Shippo to Add Additional Shipping Capabilities to its Warehouse Management Software". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Shippo | crunchbase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Shippo Receives Series A Funding of $7 Million". www.webretailer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Works with Stripe". stripe.com. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Tran Kingyens, Angela (18 Sep 2014). "Introducing our latest investment: Shippo, simplified shipping for small e-commerce sites" (Blog). VersionOne. Retrieved 17 Nov 2015.
- "Shippo – Create discounted shipping labels fast.". Weebly. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "GoDaddy's Online Store becomes more secure and Shippo savvy". AZ Tech Beat. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "USPS Adds Shippo to Its Exclusive ePostage Program". www.ecommercebytes.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Recommended Ecommerce Shipping API for your Business". A Better Lemonade Stand. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Selro Integrates with Jet Marketplace and Shippo". www.webretailer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Wintrob, Gordon (2016-10-05). "Apps that send packages with the Shippo API". GET PUT POST. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Francisco, Johannes Kuhn, San. "Junge Gründerin: Start-up statt Studium". sueddeutsche.de (in German). ISSN 0174-4917. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Hüfner, Daniel. "Amazon auf die Pelle gerückt: Wie zwei Deutsche im Silicon Valley den E-Commerce aufmischen". t3n Magazin. T3N. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Shippo Provides Exclusive Access to the USPS ePostage Program". www.webretailer.com. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Shippo Introduces General Access USPS ePostage". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- Wichmann, Jonathan. "List: The most promising startups in logistics". Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Adding Value to Parcel Delivery" (PDF). Accenture. Accenture. September 29, 2015. Retrieved Jan 2, 2016.
- "List: The most promising startups in logistics". The Digital Blueprint. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Alternative Delivery Strategies for Ecommerce Brands". WebLinc Commerce. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Shippo". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "LinkedIn Next Wave: Retail". lists.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Shippo released their full API". Plug and Play. 10 Feb 2014. Retrieved 17 Nov 2015.
- Hohensee, Matthias (2014-10-02). "Valley Talk: Erfolg im zweiten Anlauf". www.wiwo.de. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Schmidt, Will (18 Sep 2014). "SoftTech VC Pumps $2 Million Into Shippo". SoftTech. Retrieved 17 Nov 2015.
- O'Keefe, Samantha. "Lessons from Shippo's Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-10-10.