List of active Royal Netherlands Navy ships
This article list active ships of the Royal Netherlands Navy.
- 1 Naval squadron
- 2 Submarine service
- 3 Mine Detection and Clearing Service
- 4 Hydrographical Survey Ships
- 5 Other ships
- 6 Coast Guard
- 7 Royal Netherlands Navy ship prefix
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
NOTE: These ships are really destroyers in terms of size and strength and considered as such by other navies.
|De Zeven Provinciën (F802)||Destroyer||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||April 26, 2002||Netherlands||6,050||29|
|Tromp (F803)||Destroyer||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||March 14, 2003||Netherlands||6,050||29|
|De Ruyter (F804)||Destroyer||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||April 22, 2004||Netherlands||6,050||29|
|Evertsen (F805)||Destroyer||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||June 10, 2005||Netherlands||6,050||29|
Karel Doorman-class frigate (multipurpose frigates)
|Van Amstel (F831)||Frigate||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||1993||Netherlands||3,320||29||In service|
|Van Speijk (F828)||Frigate||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||1995||Netherlands||3,320||29||In service|
The Holland class Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPVs) will fulfill patrol and intervention tasks against lightly armed opponents, such as pirates and smugglers.
There has been discussion about the armament of the Holland class, officially the ship is being fitted with armament as shown in the fact files, however the class carries an exceptionally advanced radar system for just patrol tasks. This indicates that maybe in the future, if needed, the ship can be equipped with heavier weapon systems such as missiles.
|Holland (P840)||Patrol Vessel||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||6 July 2012||Netherlands||3,750||21.5|
|Zeeland (P841)||Patrol Vessel||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||2013||Netherlands||3,750||21.5|
|Friesland (P842)||Patrol Vessel||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||22 January 2013||Netherlands||3,750||21.5|
|Groningen (P843)||Patrol Vessel||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||2014||Netherlands||3,750||21.5|
|Rotterdam (L800)||Landing Platform Dock||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||1998||Netherlands||12,750||20|
|Johan de Witt (L801)||Landing Platform Dock||Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||2007||Netherlands||16,500||19|
Joint Support Ship
The Karel Doorman is a multi-function ship for amphibious operations. It has a large helicopter deck with two landing spots and a roll-on/roll-off deck. It is the main support ship, along with the two Rotterdam-class LPDs, of the Royal Netherlands Navy.
The ship has command rooms for war staffs and a large hospital room with 20 treatment rooms. With this ship, the amphibious plan for the navy is complete with two LPDs and one Joint Support Ship.
|Karel Doorman (A833)||Joint Logistic Support Ship||Galați shipyard/Schelde Naval Shipbuilding||2014||Romania/ Netherlands||27,800 long tons 28,246 full load||18|
Walrus (S802) was laid down on 11 October 1979 and launched on 28 October 1985. Completion was delayed because of damage caused by fire on 14 August 1986.
|Walrus (S802)||Submarine||Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij (RDM)||1992||Netherlands||2,800||20|
|Zeeleeuw (S803)||Submarine||Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij (RDM)||1990||Netherlands||2,800||20|
|Dolfijn (S808)||Submarine||Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij (RDM)||1993||Netherlands||2,800||20|
|Bruinvis (S810)||Submarine||Rotterdamsche Droogdok Maatschappij (RDM)||1994||Netherlands||2,800||20|
Mine Detection and Clearing Service
- Tripartite class minehunters
- Diving support vessels
Hydrographical Survey Ships
Submarine Support ship
Linge Class coastal tugs
- Linge (A874)  [Out of Service]
- Regge (A875)  [Out of Service]
- Hunze (A876)  [Out of Service]
- Rotte (A877)  [Out of Service]
- Gouwe (A878) 
Breezand Class harbour tugs
Noordzee Class coastal tugs
- Noordzee (A871)  Damen ASD 2810 Hybrid
- Waddenzee (A872)  Damen ASD 2810 Hybrid
- Zuiderzee (A873)  Damen ASD 2810 Hybrid
Harbour Patrol Vessels
- 5 LCU mkII
- 12 LCVP mkVc
- 17 FRISC Raiding Craft
- Netherlands Coastguard
- Although the Coastguard is not officially part of the Navy, it is under its operational control. It does not have any ships of its own but uses vessels that have been assigned to it by other government ministries.
- Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and Caribbean Netherlands Coastguard
- 4 patrol boats
- 6 inshore patrol boats
- 3 cutters
In Dutch, ships are given the prefix "Hare Majesteits" ("her majesty's", abbreviated as "Hr.Ms.") or "Zijner Majesteits" ("his majesty's", abbreviated "Zr.Ms."). In English, the Dutch prefix is translated as "HNLMS" for "Her/His Netherland Majesty's Ship".
Some authors translate Hr./Zr.Ms. as "HNMS" but that abbreviation is ambiguous: the "N" might stand for "Netherlands" or "Norway". The most common way to avoid this ambiguity is to use "HNLMS" and "HNoMS" respectively.
- Royal Netherlands Navy
- Netherlands Marine Corps
- List of battleships of the Netherlands
- List of cruisers of the Netherlands
- List of destroyers of the Netherlands
- List of frigates of the Netherlands
- List of minesweepers of the Royal Netherlands Navy
- List of monitors of the Netherlands
- List of submarines of the Netherlands
- "Damen-built Joint Support Ship Karel Doorman commissioned for the Royal Netherlands Navy". March 24, 2014.