Shira Geffen (2010)
|Born||April 23, 1971|
|Occupation||Actress, screenwriter, film director|
|Relatives||Aviv Geffen (brother)|
Shira Geffen was born in 1971. Her father, Yehonatan Geffen, is an author. Her brother, Aviv Geffen, is a singer. She was also the niece of film director Assi Dayan. She is married to Israeli author Etgar Keret. They have one son.
Acting and directing career
She has acted in a television series, BeTipul, and in films. She has also written and directed two films, Jellyfish, and Self Made. Jellyfish was written by her and directed by her husband; it won the Camera d'Or at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. In 2014, she directed Self Made, also known as Boreg in Israel. It was presented at the Cannes Film Festival and at the Jerusalem Film Festival.
Views and opinions
Awards and recognition
Geffen won First Prize at the Haifa Children's Theater Festival in 1998 and the Hadassah Prize in 2003. In 2007, Geffen and her husband Etgar Keret won the Cannes Film Festival's Camera d'Or Award for Jellyfish. The French Artists' and Writers' Guild also awarded Geffen and Keret the Best Director Award (2007).
- Secrets of an Israeli children's book writer
- Jordan Hoffman, Shira Geffen doesn’t care if you call her anti-Israeli, The Times of Israel, July 19, 2014
- Debra Kamin, Israeli Film Giant Assaf Dayan Dies at 68, Variety, May 1, 2014
- Ben Beaumont-Thomas, Israeli film-makers call for end to Gaza conflict: 'We do not seek revenge', The Guardian, July 15, 2014
- Institute for the Translation of Hebrew Literature