Shiraz International Airport
|Shiraz International Airport
Shahid Dastgheib International Airport
Tadayon Air Base
فرودگاه بینالمللی شهید دستغیب شیراز
|Owner||Iranian Airports Holding Company|
|Operator||Iran Civil Aviation Organization
Iran Air Force
|Serves||Shiraz, Jahrom, Fasa|
|Focus city for|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+04:30)|
|Elevation AMSL||4,920 ft / 1,500 m|
Shahid Dastgheib International Airport (Also known as Shiraz International Airport) is the largest airport in the southern region of Iran. After undergoing renovation and redevelopment work in 2005, Shiraz Airport was identified as the second most reliable and modern airport in Iran (after Imam Khomeini International Airport of Tehran) in flight safety including electronic and navigation control systems of its flight tower. It is also capable of handling wide-body aircraft such as the Boeing 747, Boeing 777 and Airbus A340-600.
Shiraz International Airport consists of four terminals: two terminals for arrivals and departures for international flights and two for arrivals and departures for domestic flights. A terminal is under construction for International flights, which due to be built by 2020, and after complete of the new International Terminals the current International Terminals will be used for Hajj flights.
- VIP Terminal is used for Meraj Airlines for Governmental flights.
- CIP Terminal is used at passengers request and it's opened to all requests.
- Domestic departures and arrivals Terminals are used for all departures and arrivals flights for all airlines.
- International departures and arrivals Terminals are used for all departures and arrivals flights for all airlines.
Airlines and destinations
|Iran Aseman Airlines Cargo||Abadan, Ahwaz, Ardabil, Asalouyeh, Bam, Birjand, Bojnord, Bushehr, Gachsaran, Gorgan, Qeshm Island, Ilam, Isfahan, Kermanshah, Kish Island, Khoy, Lamerd, Lar, Mashhad, Rafsanjan, Ramsar, Rasht, Sabzevar, Sahand, Sanandaj, Tabas, Tabriz, Yasouj, Yazd|
|Iran Air Cargo||Doha, Dubai-International, Kuwait|
|Iran Air Cargo||Abadan, Ahwaz, Ardabil, Bandar Abbas, Birjand, Bushehr, Qeshm Island, Isfahan, Kermanshah, Khorramabad, Kish Island, Lar, Mashhad, Rasht, Sary, Tabriz, Tehran-Imam Khomeini, Urmia, Yazd, Zahedan|
|Mahan Air||Tehran-Mehrabad, Asalouyeh, Mahshahr, Mashhad|
Accidents and incidents
- On 15 June 1971, Douglas C-47A EP-ADG of the Air Taxi Co was damaged beyond economic repair in an accident at Shiraz Airport.
- Iran Civil Aviation Organization
- Transport in Iran
- List of airports in Iran
- List of the busiest airports in Iran
- List of airlines of Iran
- Meraj Airlines
- "Aseman South Station".
- Iranian Airports Holding Company (Feb 2017). International Traffic Report (PDF) (Report). گروه آمار و اطلاعات هوانوردی و فرودگاهی. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- برقراری نخستین پرواز شیراز-باکو
- "EP-ADG Hull-loss description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 19 September 2010.