Shire of Boyup Brook
|Shire of Boyup Brook
Location in Western Australia
|Population||1,738 (2013 est)|
|• Density||0.61431/km2 (1.5911/sq mi)|
|Area||2,829.2 km2 (1,092.4 sq mi)|
|Council seat||Boyup Brook|
|Website||Shire of Boyup Brook|
The Shire of Boyup Brook is a local government area located in the South West region of Western Australia, about 270 kilometres (168 mi) southeast of Perth, the state capital. The Shire covers an area of 2,829 square kilometres (1,092 sq mi) and its seat of government is the town of Boyup Brook.
In 1896, the Upper Blackwood Road District was gazetted. On 1 July 1961, it became a Shire under the new Local Government Act and on 30 May 1969 changed its name to Boyup Brook.
The shire has been divided into 4 wards.
- Boyup Brook Ward (3 councillors)
- Benjinup Ward (2 councillors)
- Dinninup Ward (2 councillors)
- Scotts Brook Ward (2 councillors)
- "3218.0 Regional Population Growth, Australia. Table 5. Estimated Resident Population, Local Government Areas, Western Australia". 3 April 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- WA Electoral Commission, Municipality Boundary Amendments Register (release 3.0), 31 May 2007.