Shire of Mornington Peninsula
|Mornington Peninsula Shire|
|Population||154,999 (2016 census) (40th)|
|• Density||214.353/km2 (555.17/sq mi)|
|Area||723.1 km2 (279.2 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Bryan Payne|
|State electorate(s)||Mornington, Nepean, Hastings|
|Federal Division(s)||Dunkley, Flinders|
|Website||Mornington Peninsula Shire|
The Shire of Mornington Peninsula is a local government area in Victoria, Australia. It is located to the south of the city of Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula. It has an area of 723 square kilometres. According to the 2016 Census, it has a population of 154,999 people.
The current council, as of November 2016, is:
|Red Hill||Independent||Tim Wood|
Localities, towns and suburbs
- Arthurs Seat
- Balnarring Beach
- Capel Sound
- Cape Schanck
- Crib Point
- HMAS Cerberus the area of the naval base is a bounded locality
- Main Ridge
- Merricks Beach
- Merricks North
- Mount Eliza
- Mount Martha
- Point Nepean
- Point Leo
- Red Hill
- Red Hill South
- Safety Beach
- St Andrews Beach
- List of Melbourne suburbs for other Melbourne suburbs and municipalities.
- Mornington Peninsula and Western Port Biosphere Reserve
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mornington Peninsula (S)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Our Councillors - Mornington Peninsula Shire". www.mornpen.vic.gov.au.
- "Our youngest councillor". Mornington Peninsula News. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
He has been a member of the Mornington branch of the Liberal Party for about three years, but has no ambition for higher office.
- Mornington Peninsula Shire web site
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps