Shire of Mornington Peninsula
|Mornington Peninsula Shire
|Population||155,015 (2015 est)|
|• Density||214.376/km2 (555.23/sq mi)|
|Area||723.1 km2 (279.2 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Cr Bev Colomb|
|State electorate(s)||Mornington, Nepean, Hastings|
|Federal Division(s)||Dunkley, Flinders|
|Website||Mornington Peninsula Shire|
The Shire of Mornington Peninsula is a local government area in Victoria, Australia. It is located to the south of the city of Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula. It has an area of 723 square kilometres. According to the 2011 Census, it has a population of 144,608 people.
The current council, as of November 2016, is:
|Red Hill||Independent||Tim Wood|
Localities, towns and suburbs
- Arthurs Seat
- Balnarring Beach
- Cape Schanck
- Crib Point
- HMAS Cerberus the area of the naval base is a bounded locality
- Main Ridge
- Merricks Beach
- Merricks North
- Mount Eliza
- Mount Martha
- Point Nepean
- Point Leo
- Red Hill
- Red Hill South
- Rosebud West
- Safety Beach
- St Andrews Beach
- List of Melbourne suburbs for other Melbourne suburbs and municipalities.
- Mornington Peninsula and Western Port Biosphere Reserve
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Mornington Peninsula (Local Government Area)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Our Councillors - Mornington Peninsula Shire". www.mornpen.vic.gov.au.
- "Our youngest councillor". Mornington Peninsula News. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
He has been a member of the Mornington branch of the Liberal Party for about three years, but has no ambition for higher office.
- Mornington Peninsula Shire web site
- Metlink local public transport map
- Link to Land Victoria interactive maps