Shire of Warwick
|Shire of Warwick|
Location within Queensland
|Population||21,417 (2006 census)|
|• Density||4.84296/km2 (12.5432/sq mi)|
|Area||4,422.3 km2 (1,707.5 sq mi)|
|Website||Shire of Warwick|
On 19 March 1992, the Electoral and Administrative Review Commission, created two years earlier, produced its report External Boundaries of Local Authorities, and recommended that local government boundaries in the Warwick area be rationalised into 3 new local government areas. That recommendation was not implemented, but the outcome was that the City of Warwick was merged with the Shires of Allora, Glengallan and Rosenthal to form the new Shire of Warwick. The Local Government (Allora, Glengallan, Rosenthal and Warwick) Regulation 1994 was gazetted on 20 May 1994. On 25 June, an election was held for the new council, and on 1 July 1994, the Shire of Warwick was established.
Towns and localities
The Shire of Warwick included the following settlements:
* - not to be confused with Willow Vale, Queensland
* - from time series data
- Bruce Green
- Ron Bellingham
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Warwick (S) (Local Government Area)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "External Boundaries of Local Authorities" (PDF). Electoral and Administrative Review Commission. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Agency ID6067, Warwick Shire Council". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Warwick Shire Council Archived 2004-12-05 at the Wayback Machine. - Shire History. Retrieved 16 December 2006.
- "Agency ID11055, Southern Downs Regional Council". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 3 February 2014.